.223 ammo $$

pointingdogsrule

So last fall while in Wyoming I was introduced and became hooked on Prairie Dog shooting. I really liked the "varmint bullets" because of the "effects". I am planning a return trip in late June. The first time I just purchased some ammo from Cabelas and wasn't all that concerned with price. I am looking at ammo this time around (maybe 800 rounds) and see that the average is $0.50 per round. Does anyone have a cheaper source or does this stuff ever come on sale???

Thanks in advance,

good luck to all
the dog

In between times when everyone is scared of availability, .223 should be found for around $330 per 1000. And that's brass cased. Shop around the web. Right now it's a little tough again. Every time there's a mass shooting and Obama murmers anything gun control there is a spike.

Last edited:
Try HSM directly. Or Ammo and More. Both in Stevensville, Montana. Darren Newsome has a new manufacturing facility here in the Root. He started BVAC. Pretty sure they both sell direct. mtmuley

Get a .17 HMR for prairie dogs. Ammo is way cheaper. I can get a box of 50 Hornady V-max bullets for $13

My wife and I have almost totally changed to 17HMR for our prarriedog shooting.Even thinking of selling our 223 and 22-250 and our 22magnums.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back