MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

‘22 gardening

Gellar

What do you have planted, post your planting tips, harvest pics, and culinary lics here!
My garden is in, I have no green thumb but I enjoy it until about august when I’ll be tired of picking stuff everyday. I need to weed bad. 16A91AA7-AA82-4C65-BC0B-AD5E70A6C295.jpeg
Gold Potatoes
Radishes
Onions
Garlic
Tomatoes
Peppers (4 variety)
Broccoli
Kale
Cauliflower
Beans
Watermelon
Cantalope
Cucumber
Zucchini
Pumpkins

Finally put the finishing touches on this project last week. I tore out the old rotten garden beds graded it flat with a skid loader and started over.
tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, tomatillos, beans, peas, kohlrabi, lettuce blend, zucchini, watermelon, carrots, chard, and probably a few im forgetting.

Trying cedar mulch in the beds to control weeds and hopefully keep the bugs away. I know the fence won’t keep all the deer out, but it deters them. Maybe this project will buy me enough brownie points for another hunt this Fall?

3C628A42-E17A-4013-A2AF-11C76733851F.jpeg

Finally put the finishing touches on this project last week. I tore out the old rotten garden beds graded it flat with a skid loader and started over.
tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, tomatillos, beans, peas, kohlrabi, lettuce blend, zucchini, watermelon, carrots, chard, and probably a few im forgetting.

Trying cedar mulch in the beds to control weeds and hopefully keep the bugs away. I know the fence won’t keep all the deer out, but it deters them. Maybe this project will buy me enough brownie points for another hunt this Fall?

View attachment 223068
I need to fence my garden, the rabbits are bad.

Weather has not been kind. Wind has knocked the crap out of a lot of stuff. Have spinach, lettuce, kale, and onions growing; carrots, green beans, beets, and corn sewed. Pepper starts go in this weekend maybe, if the wind dies down. Cucumber, squash and zuk starts get transplanted next weekend.

Spinach, which is starting to bolt.
Zucchini
Pie pumpkin
Jacko lantern pumpkin
Butternut squash
Green beans
Beets
Three types of tomatoes
Three types of cucumbers
Dill
Swiss chard
Sweet onions
Sweet corn
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Right now, there is a big old crow wandering around in the garden. I hope he is looking for bugs and not vegies.

This USED to be my garden….I previously had 10 raised beds, and grew all kinds of heirloom stuff. But also a LOT of weeds. And I fed a lot of rabbits, groundhogs, chipmunks, and other things.

But that’s all gone. Now the area produces even more work, takes much more money, and gives me no food. Progress????

I still have to finish the fence and perimeter landscaping this year. Next year I’ll maybe rebuild a smaller garden further back. That’s if I have any money leftover for seeds! 🥴

B0FA841E-3432-4A7E-8AA6-027E64422925.jpeg

So far:
Yukon Gold potatoes
Red potatoes
Peas
3 varieties of Onions
Squash
Zucchini
Pumpkins
Cucumbers
Watermelon
Tomatillo
48 Roma tomatoes-(we love homemade salsa)-hopefully they survive the next few nights of frost with my makeshift plastic.
Jalapeños
Anaheim peppers
Bell peppers

10 fruit trees

Still to come:
Lots of sweet corn
Beans

This USED to be my garden….I previously had 10 raised beds, and grew all kinds of heirloom stuff. But also a LOT of weeds. And I fed a lot of rabbits, groundhogs, chipmunks, and other things.

But that’s all gone. Now the area produces even more work, takes much more money, and gives me no food. Progress????

I still have to finish the fence and perimeter landscaping this year. Next year I’ll maybe rebuild a smaller garden further back. That’s if I have any money leftover for seeds! 🥴

View attachment 223072
That crystal clear pond will make a nice water source for your future garden.

That’s a nice pool!

So far:
Yukon Gold potatoes
Red potatoes
Peas
3 varieties of Onions
Squash
Zucchini
Pumpkins
Cucumbers
Watermelon
Tomatillo
48 Roma tomatoes-(we love homemade salsa)-hopefully they survive the next few nights of frost with my makeshift plastic.
Jalapeños
Anaheim peppers
Bell peppers

10 fruit trees

Still to come:
Lots of sweet corn
Beans
We have herbs, blueberries, plums, and raspberries as well. The fruit things are all young and don’t produce a lot yet but they are fun!

Brocolli still hanging on
Zucchini
Spaghetti squash
Sweet potatoes
Pickling cucumbers
Kale still going strong
Green beans
3 different tomatoes
Purple basil
Genovese basil
Spring onion
Yellow onion
Okra
Thyme
Oregano
Rosemary

Forgot to mention Meyer Lemon and a Peach tree.
Using Trifecta+ fertilizer from MIgardener this year for the first time and I am presently impressed with the outcome. Down here we get to run a winter garden and a spring\summer garden. So cool season crops like carrots, lettuce, brocolli and Kale are either done or almost done. Onions are usually done by now but I accidentally bought a long season onion so we will see how they play out.

Last edited:
Since losing my wife last fall I've cut back on the gardening some but still put in some favorites.

Peaches and Cream sweet corn
Okra
Green and red bells
Sweet banana
Jalapeno
Yellow straight neck squash
Spring onions
Yellow onions
Sugarsnap peas
Yukon Gold spuds
Two varieties of beets
Tomatoes:
Celebrity
Mountain Spring
Cherokee Purple
Cherry
Black Beauty
Beefsteak
English cucumbers
Thai basil

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Some nice looking gardens! I have to wait another week to avoid frost. I've got a pile of potatoes planted already though

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back