22-250 load info

Redmt

I get my Ruger #1 in 22-250 tomorrow. I was hoping to load 77gr. LRX but the barrel twist may be too slow. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good mono load for it?

That probably has a 14” twist. You are going to have to find something under 50 grains. 44 grain hammer hunter would be good

That's a huge pill for a 22-250. We probably need more info on your intended use. I have really wanted to tru the 35gr hammer hunter I bet it would kill like lightning.

I was thinking about piggies to 250# up to 200 yds and 175# coastal deer at the same range. Dropping either with a 6.5 is a no brainer. I was looking to be a little more challenging with a lighter bullet in a single shot.

I push 55’s and some 60’s fast in a 24” 1-14” with no trouble at all. Gotta see what works in your rifle.

Probably not 55 -60 monolithic bullets?
No 55 tnt’s are my go to and 60 vmax and 60 Sierra hp’s all shoot very well in my rifles. The 60 vmax gets a little squirrely in one that needs to be fouled pretty good before it settles down. Weird. I see where he asks about mono’s in his post my bad. I love .22-250 and get excited about it.

No 55 tnt’s are my go to and 60 vmax and 60 Sierra hp’s all shoot very well in my rifles. The 60 vmax gets a little squirrely in one that needs to be fouled pretty good before it settles down. Weird. I see where he asks about mono’s in his post my bad. I love .22-250 and get excited about it.
What sierra hp's? I'm going to try the 1365 sp in my 22 250.

I got the #1 yesterday and ran a few rounds through it and it's putting out some decent groups with some old 50gr. factory ammo and one of the crappiest scopes I've seen to date. I've been reading what I can find on accuracy and generally tuning it up.
The crap scope is in the drawer replaced with a vortex 4-14-44 that came out of the same drawer. Next will be to lighten the trigger if possible. Is there a publication or recommendation of a book for the #1? I heard of a book by Jim Carmichael but haven't been able to find it.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back