2026 Garden

Tomatoes are starting to show some color. No frost in the forecast for the near future. Fingers crossed. Corn produced 50 cobs!
20260927_091746.jpg

Peppers doing good.
20260927_091810.jpg

Second planting of lettuce going strong. Had first parsnips last night for dinner. Ginger carrot soup for lunch today!
20260927_091928.jpg

First years garden here has been a success. Learned a lot for next year.
 
Pulled the last 3 tomato plants. They just weren't doing much other than being there. Picked the bigger tomatoes off and put them in a box to ripen. I think the nights were just too cold and they stalled out. So I'm down to lettuce and the 3 crazy cucumber plants. I picked 22 cucumbers yesterday. Just going to let them go until or when it frost's. Still have to pick carrots and get them stored for the winter. We are going back into the 80's for the next 10 days. Crazy weather. I was totally really for fall and colder temps.
 
Wife made 7 big jars of pickled carrots yesterday. Now to sort through these. Small ones I’ll cook tonight rest can stay in the fridge. Probably will be batching and freezing some carrots this week as the second half of this row has some monsters IMG_5955.jpeg
 
That's what you get for going camping especially this year. I picked 15 cucumbers today. I'm expecting to see a bear down here in the valley. My carrots got picked and put away in storage yesterday.
 
Back
Top