1. Research Elk moose Habits
  2. Study Maps
  3. Scout the Area
  4. Use Binoculars and Spotting Scopes
  5. Listen for calls
  6. Be Patient and Persistent
  7. Follow Regulations
That’s hogwash. Cough up some unit numbers. I’m short on time

I did a little looking around, and if I read correctly, the world record B&C Shiras moose had a 53" spread and was shot in the early 1950s. 50" these days is ambitious.

I could probably only hunt 2 weeks. Does that change your answer?
If you’re not a resident no; only reasons I apply where I do is because it’s close to home so I can day hunt it and I have limited time to take off

Last edited:
I can’t decide on A or F I know A has bigger bulls and more roads for cruising. But F has those amazing draw odds and a little bigger bulls

I have a dilemma with what unit to apply my wife for this year. She having calf surgery in September and will have mobility issues for a month.

I’m giving up on our Plan A units and considering a few units I know that can be more road hunting type units. One unit has terrible draw odds but monster bulls. Other unit has better draw odds but smaller bulls.

I have a dilemma with what unit to apply my wife for this year. She having calf surgery in September and will have mobility issues for a month.

I’m giving up on our Plan A units and considering a few units I know that can be more road hunting type units. One unit has terrible draw odds but monster bulls. Other unit has better draw odds but smaller bulls.
I had a day years ago where I counted 48 bull moose from the cab of my pickup, it was insane. Unit had fairly decent draw odds. I really kick myself for not putting in for moose tags back then.

Go south for big antlers this year. I'm expecting this means active fire will be a factor in Central and North this season.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back