Caribou Gear

2024 Idaho Moose Thread

44hunter45

All right - A lot of you essentially said to stop whining and apply. Well, I'm a doer and not a whiner.

I'm in for moose in 2024. Higher odds, higher difficulty.
If I draw, I will be spending a ton of time on the zone scouting (and fishing).
Also going to have to get my 7mm M70 to @p_ham to be reborn as a 358 Norma. Because I want to. Don't wanna scratch my safe queen 35 Whelen.

Sherpa applications will be reviewed pending draw results.

Last edited:
If this the****OFFICIAL***** 24 idaho moose thread? Lol. Good luck in draw, if you do draw pm me know what unit, might be able to help. I would love to help someone kill one in my elk units, couple decent bulls in there.

I’m applying for moose in Idaho as well. I’m going to have to buy a couple new freezers when I draw moose tags in Idaho and Nevada.

Been there done that in Idaho. The only people who can’t draw are the ones who don’t apply. Good luck!

good luck in the draw! I am debating goat or d/e/a. I will probably go goat AGAIN lol

I'm in for moose just have to see how it all plays out. The odds sound really good every year but alas I apply for moose in 3 states, and have for the last 30 years and still no luck but some day I will have one just saying.

I also made my annual donation to IDFG. Now the wait...

If I draw, I'll be using my ol' faithful, a p-ham rebarreled and bedded my tang safety Ruger M77 in .30-06.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for Montana draw results to see how aggressive I need to get

What units should a guy put in for that wants a good chance at pulling a 36” bull out diy? Thinking panhandle…
Almost any truthfully outside of a few backcountry areas. If a person has time to hunt and travel I wouldn’t apply anywhere north of the salmon river

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back