Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2024 Garden!

Must be windy everywhere tonight. I've got some 2" tall onions poking out and some of the spinach and lettuce seeds are sprouting in the garden. Warm Temps in the forecast for the next two weeks, looking forward to my first blt's with homegrown lettuce.
Majority of planting will have to wait a couple weeks yet. Traditional wisdom around here is to wait till mothers day to plant, I will usually gamble on the 20 something of April if the long term forecast looks good.

Must be windy everywhere tonight. I've got some 2" tall onions poking out and some of the spinach and lettuce seeds are sprouting in the garden. Warm Temps in the forecast for the next two weeks, looking forward to my first blt's with homegrown lettuce.
Majority of planting will have to wait a couple weeks yet. Traditional wisdom around here is to wait till mothers day to plant, I will usually gamble on the 20 something of April if the long term forecast looks good.
We are right in the window for potatoes and onions. Tomatoes and peppers need to wait until Mother’s Day to be transplanted. Zone 5.

Our recommended planting date is April 15, seemed like it was going to be a warm spring so I went ahead and planted April 1. We had a couple day cold snap but it never hit freezing. We've got 4 raised beds, I planted marigolds and petunias for the bees and then the beds are 1) three sisters 2) Thyme, Squash and cukes (the one thing I couldn't find what I wanted so I haven't planted yet) 3) tomatoes, peppers, and basil 4) sunflowers, tomatoes, okra, bush beans, zucchini l
20240414_162718.jpg20240414_162721.jpg20240414_162726.jpg20240414_162742.jpg

Freezing temps right now and extremely windy next couple of day. It'll be another 1.5 months before anything can go in the garden outside.
Just built another greenhouse 16 x20. Just waiting on the polycarbonate panels to come in to finish up.
I do have garlic poking up. Have 4 cucumbers up in the house.
Excited with the new greenhouse big enough I can plant acorn squash and have it actually come to maturity. Everything has to be 55 days to maturity or you won't get anything.

Back