2023 Plans

WyoDoug

I haven't locked anything down yet for 2023 due to health issues I had in 2022. I went though fatty liver desease, BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia or non-cancerous enlarged prostate) topped off with a TIA experience at elk camp that sent me home. Doc put me on medication that includes Lipitor that wife had picked up by mystake not knowing I cancelled it, but I tried it and no cramping so far and it completely cleared the plaque and chloresterol out of my capillaries so that is a good thing.

For 2023, goal is to get weight down and way down especially since my glucose is consistent with Type 2 diabetes which would go away with better diet and weight loss. Then plan is to find someone with similar issues to go hunting with so we can drive each other. I want to find a light to non-drinker since I can't have alcohol and am not comfortable around heavy drinkers especially when they are flat out drunk even very good friends.

I will get my antelope hunt in along with several multiday fishing trips and would like to add mule deer, elk, birds (doves and grouse mainly), and get lucky on moose draw. I didn't get my rabbit hunt in even and plan to do some of that too. Love rabbit roasted over an open fire. Anyone with similar interests willing to hunt with a fat old guy, let me know. Want to start with fishing trips first to determine how compatibility of hunt partners before getting around people I barely met with guns in hand.

I haven't locked anything down yet for 2023 due to health issues I had in 2022. I went though fatty liver desease, BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia or non-cancerous enlarged prostate) topped off with a TIA experience at elk camp that sent me home. Doc put me on medication that includes Lipitor that wife had picked up by mystake not knowing I cancelled it, but I tried it and no cramping so far and it completely cleared the plaque and chloresterol out of my capillaries so that is a good thing.

For 2023, goal is to get weight down and way down especially since my glucose is consistent with Type 2 diabetes which would go away with better diet and weight loss. Then plan is to find someone with similar issues to go hunting with so we can drive each other. I want to find a light to non-drinker since I can't have alcohol and am not comfortable around heavy drinkers especially when they are flat out drunk even very good friends.

I will get my antelope hunt in along with several multiday fishing trips and would like to add mule deer, elk, birds (doves and grouse mainly), and get lucky on moose draw. I didn't get my rabbit hunt in even and plan to do some of that too. Love rabbit roasted over an open fire. Anyone with similar interests willing to hunt with a fat old guy, let me know. Want to start with fishing trips first to determine how compatibility of hunt partners before getting around people I barely met with guns in hand.
Hey fat old guy 🤣, where are you located? Don't know what old means. I'm 54 and getting so many "sir" replies that I want to hot my head to the wall. Trying to lose weight too and working on it. Hope you're close enough to get to.blet me know

Hey fat old guy 🤣, where are you located? Don't know what old means. I'm 54 and getting so many "sir" replies that I want to hot my head to the wall. Trying to lose weight too and working on it. Hope you're close enough to get to.blet me know
Cheyenne. I don't ice fish and developed a phobia for getting back on the ice after I fell through on a lake nearly 15 years back. Looking for fishing to start off 2023 as soon as weather conditions allow without having to get on the ice.

Mmmm fire roasted rabbit. Where are you located? I gave up booze in 2020 so we are aligned there.

Mmmm fire roasted rabbit. Where are you located? I gave up booze in 2020 so we are aligned there.
I am in Cheyenne. I got a grill I put over a campfire when I get a rabbit hunting and my own BBQ sauce to season it. Always a favorite when I get to cooking it.

You go! There's nothing better than plans, to get ya motivated.
We've got a cabin rented for 2nd rifle CO, near Meeker, its a start.

You go! There's nothing better than plans, to get ya motivated.
We've got a cabin rented for 2nd rifle CO, near Meeker, its a start.
Meeker area is where I got my first Elk at 16 after my dad chewed me out for buying an elk license telling me it was a waste of money cuz I wasn't gonna get one. He never told me not to buy a license since. We hunted mostly deer in GMA 22 Indian Hills. Shot a 6x6 and it walked 50 yards and died right on the road. Some guys camping close to us loaded it in their pickup and gave me a ride back to camp and helped hang it. By time my dad and uncles got back to camp I had the tenders out cooking them. That area brings back big time memories for me. That is also where I shot my first lion for a rancher there who was losing cattle to one.

Meeker area is where I got my first Elk at 16 after my dad chewed me out for buying an elk license telling me it was a waste of money cuz I wasn't gonna get one. He never told me not to buy a license since. We hunted mostly deer in GMA 22 Indian Hills. Shot a 6x6 and it walked 50 yards and died right on the road. Some guys camping close to us loaded it in their pickup and gave me a ride back to camp and helped hang it. By time my dad and uncles got back to camp I had the tenders out cooking them. That area brings back big time memories for me. That is also where I shot my first lion for a rancher there who was losing cattle to one.
Ahh, the memories. Isn't it amazing, how a hunt that long ago is still that exciting.
Thats why I do what I do.

I'm getting married in August so I likely won't do a big out of state trip this fall. If I'm lucky I'll maybe run out to North Dakota for a long weekend and bang around some sloughs for ducks, or I'll just spend an extra few days doing the same thing MN and just shoot a few less ducks.

I am however going to try to turn my bachelor party into fly fishing trip somewhere this summer. I would like to go somewhere I'll never be able to go fishing with my soon to be wife, and by that I mean somewhere that has grizzly bears. I'm open to any suggestions from the HT forums.

I'm getting married in August so I likely won't do a big out of state trip this fall. If I'm lucky I'll maybe run out to North Dakota for a long weekend and bang around some sloughs for ducks, or I'll just spend an extra few days doing the same thing MN and just shoot a few less ducks.

I am however going to try to turn my bachelor party into fly fishing trip somewhere this summer. I would like to go somewhere I'll never be able to go fishing with my soon to be wife, and by that I mean somewhere that has grizzly bears. I'm open to any suggestions from the HT forums.
Alaska, Kodiak Island. They have wild salmon in the water between the island and mainland.

Ahh, the memories. Isn't it amazing, how a hunt that long ago is still that exciting.
Thats why I do what I do.
Yup. Those memories keep me going wanting to keep hunting till I keel over for good. And I think I said Indian Hills, that is a section of BLM land in the private in GMU 11. I meant Little Hills. That area was really good for deer until they drilled there and ruined the habitat and then ranchers leased the hell out of that area for grazing and fenced it all off into sections.

Hey, I put in for Antelope Area 42 where I saw some really nice bucks last fall. Love to have a partner for this fall. DMWilhelms in Laramie

Hey, I put in for Antelope Area 42 where I saw some really nice bucks last fall. Love to have a partner for this fall. DMWilhelms in Laramie
Improvement in health somewhat. Plaque gone from vessels and capillaries in the brain and that and chloresterol the actual cause of it way down and very good numbers. Need to get weight under control and work on physical conditioning now that I am back to relatively good health. And yeah, I might be interested in deer in Laramie area and possibly elk. I hunt speedgoats in 38 or 34 typically, just becaise I live close and they are day hunts for me. I am also interested in fishing and small game and bird hunting.

Hey dude, you are fairly new so it will be difficult for some to associate and communicate with you. Get your post count up so you can take PMs. Interact a bit with some of the people so we have an idea who you are and that. To contact me, look at your profile.

Improvement in health somewhat. Plaque gone from vessels and capillaries in the brain and that and chloresterol the actual cause of it way down and very good numbers. Need to get weight under control and work on physical conditioning now that I am back to relatively good health. And yeah, I might be interested in deer in Laramie area and possibly elk. I hunt speedgoats in 38 or 34 typically, just becaise I live close and they are day hunts for me. I am also interested in fishing and small game and bird hunting.
You want to come north and hit turkey this year, hit me up. Newcastle area.

You want to come north and hit turkey this year, hit me up. Newcastle area.
That I might be interested in. That could be a weekend hunt renting a motel room instead of hauling camp gear. Gonna think about it a bit since that is coming up for the Spring Turkey fairly soon. At the moment brakes are shot. Brake line broke and I need to replace the pads anyways. Not what I wanna do on fixed income. Both Gillette and Chugwater turned out flat for me. They went on private where I could not hunt.

That I might be interested in. That could be a weekend hunt renting a motel room instead of hauling camp gear. Gonna think about it a bit since that is coming up for the Spring Turkey fairly soon. At the moment brakes are shot. Brake line broke and I need to replace the pads anyways. Not what I wanna do on fixed income. Both Gillette and Chugwater turned out flat for me. They went on private where I could not hunt.
Sorry about the sour luck. I am new up here, but learning a lot.

Yeah I aint had nothing much of anything that can be called luck the last 2 years or so. I am questionable on doing the spring turkey hunt but should be ready for fall turkey as long as it don't conflict with elk, deer, or antelope I got planned. You got a place where we got a chance at actual turkeys on public land or something? Only gobbles I heard where other hunters responding to me. Least I got a response out of my amateur turkey calling.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back