2023 gun opener

Hoping to get out with my 12 year old in the morning if I make it home in time. On my way home from Colorado elk hunting right now. Still in Nebraska. Gonna try to make it! Roughly 24 hour drive so maybe catch up on sleep in the woods!! Good luck to everyone going out in the morning and be safe!!

Hoping to get out with my 12 year old in the morning if I make it home in time. On my way home from Colorado elk hunting right now. Still in Nebraska. Gonna try to make it! Roughly 24 hour drive so maybe catch up on sleep in the woods!! Good luck to everyone going out in the morning and be safe!!
How did the elk hunt go?

Fantastic ! Post up some pics when you get the chance.
It may be a bit before I can do a proper write up. Next several weeks will be crazy busy. I posted a few quick pics on other threads. (As they lay) and (#1 hunting goals this year) pic of the bull on (Elk let's see them)

Well I didn't make it out with my son this morning😥. But he knew I was tired from driving all night and let me sleep in. He got up on his own , got dressed , and made it back to his stand about 300 IMG_20231118_082625969.jpg yards behind the house before daylight. 20 minutes into legal shooting time he woke me up with a rifle blast!!!! 12 yards, perfect heart shot!! Ran about 25 yards and piled up!! He's been hunting since he's been six years old and has shot a pile of does but this is his first buck!! Talk about a proud dad, that feels bad for not being with him on this one!!

Well I didn't make it out with my son this morning😥. But he knew I was tired from driving all night and let me sleep in. He got up on his own , got dressed , and made it back to his stand about 300 View attachment 302214 yards behind the house before daylight. 20 minutes into legal shooting time he woke me up with a rifle blast!!!! 12 yards, perfect heart shot!! Ran about 25 yards and piled up!! He's been hunting since he's been six years old and has shot a pile of does but this is his first buck!! Talk about a proud dad, that feels bad for not being with him on this one!!
Honestly I think it makes it better that he did it all on his own! YOu still got to experience it by hearing the shot and going out to finding what he had done. Very cool.

Well I didn't make it out with my son this morning😥. But he knew I was tired from driving all night and let me sleep in. He got up on his own , got dressed , and made it back to his stand about 300 View attachment 302214 yards behind the house before daylight. 20 minutes into legal shooting time he woke me up with a rifle blast!!!! 12 yards, perfect heart shot!! Ran about 25 yards and piled up!! He's been hunting since he's been six years old and has shot a pile of does but this is his first buck!! Talk about a proud dad, that feels bad for not being with him on this one!!
That's awesome! Big step for him.

Congrats to you both! I’d rather see kids kill stuff than adults any day!

Honestly I think it makes it better that he did it all on his own! YOu still got to experience it by hearing the shot and going out to finding what he had done. Very cool.
Yeah I agree. That had to feel like a hell of an accomplishment for that young man.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back