2023 Colorado draw results Moose/Prong/Elk/Deer

The one species a day thing is such a flex move by cpw. It's maddening!

i think they just need to run them one a time so they don't crash their macintosh computer they use to run it.

but seriously, the IT folks for the state agency i used to work for that wasn't cpw use to get pulled out to help post/charge/update the draw results for cpw. all hands on deck for that house of cards.

Last edited:
Here's another interesting observation. When you look at the point history for each species, it shows that they were imported LONG before the draw results posted.

Pronghorn from last year, did not apply for points, tried to draw.

1685463458149.png

Moose from this year

1685463525847.png

i think they just need to run them one a time so they don't crash their macintosh computer they use to run it.

but seriously, the IT folks for the state agency i used to work for that wasn't cpw use to get pulled out to help post/charge/update the draw results for cpw. all hands on deck for that house of cards.
1685463524894.png

But hey at least they aren't Montana... though I'd love one of shrapnel's free moose tags

My favorite part of all this is the draw was run like 3-4 weeks ago lol

yeah that's the easy part. i actually don't understand why they need to chunk it out. from the outside looking in it actually seems like an all morning ordeal as they step through each routine of applying results to each sportsperson, charging each sportsperson, then updating each sportspersons account. i feel like they actually step through each routine and within each routine it steps through each sportsperson. it makes sense why they need some additional IT personnel as there are literally dozens of steps where things could go sideways between servers, the website, CC hits, and e-mails, and not to mention everybody trying to check which crashes the website.

i don't get it. but i also actually don't know what it takes or why it takes what it takes.

i'm sure you could pay a firm an easy 1000 bucks to spend like 5 hours auditing the process and they would find a horrific amount of savings in time and money in the process.

Last edited:
yeah that's the easy part. i actually don't understand why they need to chunk it out. from the outside looking in it actually seems like an all morning ordeal as they step through each routine of applying results to each sportsperson, charging each sportsperson, then updating each sportspersons account. i feel like they actually step through each routine and within each routine it steps through each sportsperson. it makes sense why they need some additional IT personnel as there are literally dozens of steps where things could go sideways between servers, the website, CC hits, and e-mails, and not to mention everybody trying to check which crashes the website.

i don't get it. but i also actually don't know what it takes or why it takes what it takes.

i'm sure you could pay a firm an easy 1000 bucks to spend like 5 hours auditing the process and they would find a horrific amount of savings in time and money in the process.
yeah that's my frustration, like if you ran it weeks ago... what exactly takes 26 days to release it lol

Total unique species draw applications Colorado must have the highest number in the world? All the Eastern states are OTC whitetail, but maybe California, if it's California they sure don't get much traction on hunttalk?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back