Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2022 Utah bull

treedagain

Thought a rundown of my bull tag last year was about due.

I drew this tag at the hunt expo. At the time I thought it validated the expo was not rigged, but seeing that I did not draw this year it kinda put a dark cloud on that.

I did the normal internet scouting to get a base line on where to start. A couple hunt talkers stepped up and the info was just what I needed to start off.

Spent a few days in Aug looking around, finding roads and glassing spots. Rained almost everyday. So much for drought conditions.

Showed up on Tuesday before the hunt and really had a hard time finding elk for the most part until Friday, blew my rhino up on Thursday which hampered the game overall plan....My brother and friend came thru and found a couple 360 bulls for me to go after.

Went after one of them on the opener morning and could not turn him up, stayed on the Mtn listening to bulls bugle all day..... never 5mins of silence. Pretty cool.

Setup for the night hunt in the middle of a old burn under a slash pile had a bull screaming at 75 yards but never could get a glimpse after watching/passing up a couple good bulls a guy below cracked one off at a 340 type bull, missed 4-5 times which spooked the screamer off. He screamed and screamed just inside the treeline.. About an hour later he pushed a calf out and I was able to put one in him. He was not one of the bulls I was going after, but hard to pass up 😇 IMG_3710.jpg
Looks alot closer, but he was about 380yrs out

Resized_20220917_185336(2).jpg

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back