Caribou Gear Tarp

2022 Spring Bears

Good luck everyone! Will be at least a few weeks before I get baits out. Need to give a chance for the snow to melt, it to fry up a bit and the bears to take care of some of the winter kill. If I was betting I bet it will be slower in early may which can usually be a good time and later may earky June will be the main focus this spring.

Too much snow in the bush rightn now so I'll have to wait a couple more weeks at the very least, f'n sucks. I don't have that big of a window to hunt this year, she'll be toight but I'll go try and bash a bruin anyway!!!

#Whitetrashbruinbashers is my new favourite #.

Too much snow in the bush rightn now so I'll have to wait a couple more weeks at the very least, f'n sucks. I don't have that big of a window to hunt this year, she'll be toight but I'll go try and bash a bruin anyway!!!

#Whitetrashbruinbashers is my new favourite #.
I shouldn't even have to tell you that your an honorary lifetime member.

Make sure you bring the Poutine and Labatts with.

Maybe we can do a 2023 bear hunt and I can't scratch the colour phase itch.

I shouldn't even have to tell you that your an honorary lifetime member.

Make sure you bring the Poutine and Labatts with.

Maybe we can do a 2023 bear hunt and I can't scratch the colour phase itch.

sunbeams.gif

I'm down for a 2023 B-Team Bruin Bash!

Labatts gives me the squirts though, but as long as we got paper bags and a campfire, we're set!!!

View attachment 219039
Good grief, Joe, I was presumably in the same unit as you today, but there was a foot of snow on the ridge where I was trying to camp. Had to leave the trailer up there just to make it home. I did notice the blooming skunk cabbage when I came back across Bible Creek this afternoon.

QQ
I walked through snow patches 100 yards before seeing the bear. Didn’t expect to see anything, just had to get out! He wasn’t quite big enough for this early but fun to get so close! The old 30-30 was itching to go!

I honestly have never tried to snow track bears Very cool did he circle downwind/act cautious or did he just act like he owned the place?
Seems like he was just feeding through the swampy bottom I was hunting. Went into the thick stuff at the head end and I didn’t try to follow. No use spooking him as he should be hanging around pretty tight for a couple more weeks until the rut starts up.

Back