Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2022 New Mexico draw results!!!!

I drew ZERO out of FIFTEEN tags this year for me and my boys. Wow. I played the numbers too, putting in for tough 3rd choice hunts...

I knew it was bad luck buying a bow before the results were in!

It's not really so much rutting bucks as it is bucks with their group of does they have rounded up at that point
Maybe up that far north, this year they were definitely rutting and chasing does down here this year. But there has been years the rut perty much seems overwith down here as well by the time the Jan bow hunt starts

I hunted unit 23 for javelina after the final weekend for bow season mule deer and saw several stud bucks still pushing does when I was glassing for stink pigs. I was kind of shocked. What shocks me more is why I didn't apply for that hunt.

The residents I know for some reason did not draw any elk this year. I drew non resident Unit 18 for Mule Deer. I hope the area isn't on fire this year and we get some good rains again.

people tell me I’m wrong, crazy…etc, data doesn’t support my complaint. But I’ll tell you this, I’ve got 20 years of my own data to suggest NM has a very strong bias against solo applicants.

15 years consecutive no archery antelope
12 consecutive years no archery elk
18 consecutive years not being able to draw first or second choice archery deer.

I used to draw my 3 rd choice because the unit always went undersubscribed. But now, not even that. I don’t even get a archery javelina tag with any consistency.

Yes, I’m whining, but as a 45 year resident and a 33 year tax payer that can’t even count on one hunt in his home state, I am going to complain.

people tell me I’m wrong, crazy…etc, data doesn’t support my complaint. But I’ll tell you this, I’ve got 20 years of my own data to suggest NM has a very strong bias against solo applicants.

18 consecutive years not being able to draw first or second choice archery deer.

I used to draw my 3 rd choice because the unit always went undersubscribed. But now, not even that. I don’t even get a archery javelina tag with any consistency.

Yes, I’m whining, but as a 45 year resident and a 33 year tax payer that can’t even count on one hunt in his home state, I am going to complain.

I think it's random and you've had bad luck. Don't go asking for a point system. You can draw any tag any year if your luck changes.

I can see the play list...
Sorry for laughing, but I am not that lucky in most things. Maybe life in general.
NM tags are the one thing I have pulled off, in draws. As a NR & as a R.
Only drawn 1st choice once in 30+ years. Only applied for elk & deer. Only not drawn at least 1 tag, 3 times. Filled a majority of those tags too. I hunt solo.
Never drawn a "true Gila" elk tag nor a 2b deer or such.
But I don't bother applying for those units anymore either.

Better luck next year. Change it up!

Back