PEAX Equipment

2022 Jan NM Muley Hunt

Wasn't expecting to get to go hunting today but had some work get canceled so got to hunt this afternoon some ended up seeing bout 30 does and 5 bucks which two of them I would have been happy to sling a arrow at. The biggest got up put of his bed and starting crusing before I could get to him and he cruised on up above me in really open stuff where it was just to risky to try getting around in front again. He was definitely big enough I didn't want to risk bumping him plum out of the country, guessing bout a 160" deer... Hopefully he doesn't move out and o can find him again in a few days. Then the other shooter buck was with a couple other small bucks and bout 10 does tried getting on them but they kept moving and feeding to much to keep up. Tried circling ahead of them but couldn't get it done once the got up out of the tall mesquite and brush. He was only bout a 130" deer so not to sad about that. 20220103_145808.jpg20220103_145330.jpg

No more east/central. Also the last 5 or 6 years I've hunted this January hunt the rut is usually perty much over with by the time the hunt starts or its definitely starting to wind down. Definitely the opposite this year it is in full swing bucks chasing and pushing does like I've never seen before during the hunt

Thanks for sharing a looking forward to reading about the rest of your hunt. This was the first time in six years I didn't draw a deer tag here so I'll be living vicariously!

Thanks for sharing a looking forward to reading about the rest of your hunt. This was the first time in six years I didn't draw a deer tag here so I'll be living vicariously!
I'm the opposite. It was 6 years since I had drawn a state land tag. Thankfully I have some private that I can hunt as well on off years. But there's some state land in our area that can be amazing during the bowhunt

Was headed out to hunt this evening but on my way out got paged to barn fire that happened to be for the rancher that let's me hubt so figured I better change my plans
Yep, gotta take care of the guy blessing you for sure. Good luck on your hunt. Enjoying following along.

Seen these and 5 other does so far. Wasnt really what I wanted so buddy and his nephew that drew a state land tag as well are stalking him, so what happens. They bedded back down. Perty flat country tho
20220107_140623.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back