2022 CO harvest stats posted

I hunted in a group of 3 hunters in unit 481 for first rifle and I'm the only one the brilliant state of Colorado surveyed so how the hell could these numbers be very accurate?!

Glad they now capture days hunted regardless of if the hunter harvests or not. It’s helpful in determining if it’s hard to find animals in certain units or if people are just lazy / “too busy”.

When your doctor orders you down to the lab to get a blood test, they don’t take out all of it. Just a sample.
No reason to sample and make a educated guess when mandatory reporting is easier then ever. Do what NM does and don't allow anyone who failed to report to apply for next year's draw. Or at least send surveys out to everyone who received a tag I've hunted Colorado a half dozen times received one survey every year I've received tags in Wyoming I've been sent a survey.

When your doctor orders you down to the lab to get a blood test, they don’t take out all of it. Just a sample.
Yeah and the doctor doesn't use my blood test for the other two hunters.... leave the analogies to the adults.

Glad it's out so early, nice to be able to look at them prior to applying last minute! Was curious to exactly where "that" Ram had come from, other than the county. I'm sure there will be an influx of applicants...
Obviously people will see that, and some will apply there, but that one is dead and there isn't another one like him there, or anywhere in CO, likely. I had been applying for that unit since I became eligible, but I'll be moving my app elsewhere this year, for no particular reason....

Obviously people will see that, and some will apply there, but that one is dead and there isn't another one like him there, or anywhere in CO, likely. I had been applying for that unit since I became eligible, but I'll be moving my app elsewhere this year, for no particular reason....
I think that it will increase substantially, most dedicated sheep freak applicants love to jump on the big sheep bandwagon. Happens every time someone kills a big ram. Draw odds have always been favorable in those Southern units, likely not as much anymore...

As far as big rams... I don't think anyone really knew that ram existed, I've spent a fair amount of time in that country and never have seen a ram anywhere near that size. Does it mean they don't exist? No, and there's likely some of that gene pool running around. There's also a ton of country that's virtually inaccessible without climbing gear, and those sheep are known to timber up in several of those units. They also picked up a deadhead ram in Fremont that was 204 shortly after this ram was killed. So it goes to show, you never know where a great ram may turn up...

Last edited:
I think that it will increase substantially, most dedicated sheep freak applicants love to jump on the big sheep bandwagon. Happens every time someone kills a big ram. Draw odds have always been favorable in those Southern units, likely not as much anymore...

As far as big rams... I don't think anyone really knew that ram existed, I've spent a fair amount of time in that country and never have seen a ram anywhere near that size. Does it mean they don't exist? No, and there's likely some of that gene pool running around. There's also a ton of country that's virtually inaccessible without climbing gear, and those sheep are known to timber up in several of those units. They also picked up a deadhead ram in Fremont that was 204 shortly after this ram was killed. So it goes to show, you never know where a great ram may turn up...
The deadhead from Fremont was picked up in 2018, but scored recently, per B&C article.

Hunting dead sheep is a pretty poor strategy. Nonetheless, those units will be blown up this year.

There is much better information in those stats for finding consistently big rams, effort required for harvest, etc if you know what to look for.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back