2022-2023 Waterfowl Pics Thread

Yes we use them early on. there is fresh birds and they don't seem to notice them. We are putting a hurting on them the last couple days.
Awesome I have an a frame lots of guys pit then out in the venter of a field and say it works I just can't bring myself to try that.

These teal were the best damn ducks I’ve ever had
Picked teal are right up there with mallard in my book. I usually just pick the breasts and then cut them out though. Tasty, fat little teal cutlets.
Those look really good. I assume you are going to cook them in a smoker or BBQ. Any tips on how to keep the grease from causing flare ups and scorching the meat?
I like them on a charcoal grill.

Scoring the fat really well helps with flare ups. It speeds up the rendering (less time for flare ups) and helps cook the meat evenly. I know everything seems to say to cook fat side down first, and I do that when cooking them on a pan, but on the grill I do fat side up first while the grill heats up. I'm just adding a little more smoke flavor and I want some of that fat to render down into the meat. Soon as the grill heats up to about 300-350 I move them closer to or over some of the charcoals but I try to stay away from the hot spot. Then I do fat side down last.

168fc228b82500f528b4dbf6209a4ff8.jpg

Picked teal are right up there with mallard in my book. I usually just pick the breasts and then cut them out though. Tasty, fat little teal cutlets.

I like them on a charcoal grill.

Scoring the fat really well helps with flare ups. It speeds up the rendering (less time for flare ups) and helps cook the meat evenly. I know everything seems to say to cook fat side down first, and I do that when cooking them on a pan, but on the grill I do fat side up first while the grill heats up. I'm just adding a little more smoke flavor and I want some of that fat to render down into the meat. Soon as the grill heats up to about 300-350 I move them closer to or over some of the charcoals but I try to stay away from the hot spot. Then I do fat side down last.

View attachment 249313
Sounds to me like Rembrandt talking about his work prior to performing it

Interesting. The mallard on the right looks like some kind of hybrid? “City Duck” seems appropriate. Let us know how they taste

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back