***2020 Colorado Sept diy elk hunt***

Ebayollis

I'm new to the site and I plan on reading all I can on this.
Ive been a member on Archerytalk since 2008 and I made a similar post there.
A buddy and I are planning a backcountry DIY elk hunt for Colorado in Sept of 2020.
I have gotten some great info from AT and was referred to this site so I thought I would make a similar post here to pick the minds and thought of a different audience.
Here us the link to the AT thread:
I know its early in the planning stages but what else can you guys suggest that hasn't been emphasized on enough or just down right not mentioned.
Appreciate any and all info and an excited I found another hunting forum!
Josh

Welcome. I recommend some searches (use the magnifier icon at the top right) on your topic for quick results. This question has been asked numerous times. Most are focused on 2019 at the moment with the season kicking off and you'll find alot of great information in the current happenings.

To start, download the ElkNut App and start listening to as many podcasts on elk hunting as you can. Elk Talk, hunt talk, blue collar elk hunting, built to hunt, meat eater, the hunt backcountry ....to name a few. You'll learn a TON listening to these podcasts and they are all enjoyable.

Congrats.
My advice: Good boots. Be in shape. Have fun. Watch Big Fin’s YouTube series on E-Scouting. Shoot straight.

Back