PEAX Equipment

2020 bowtech v prime

Preston.W_HDO

Hey, thinking of getting a new bow this season. Anyone shoot both these and have some insight?

The bowtech revolt x is one of my favorite bows so far. The cam shimmying system they have is great for tuning and they are sweet shooting bows. That being said the prime black 5 is fantastic. Smooth draw and just a sweet shooter. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But remember if you go custom strings you'll pay roughly $20-30 more on the 5 piece prime sets, but if you use primes strings for life you don't have to worry about that.

I shot both and liked the Revolt X better. I tried to ignore all the specs and marketing and just shoot the bows blind so to speak. I also shot the Elite Kure and a Hoyt. I liked the Kure at first but then upon more comparison shooting thought the Revolt X a better balanced and lively bow in my hand. I like the top to bottom balance on the Revolt X and felt that I was able to keep my hand much more neutral during and after the shot since the bow didn't seem to move at all after release. The Prime was fine but it didn't excite me.

The bowtech revolt x is one of my favorite bows so far. The cam shimmying system they have is great for tuning and they are sweet shooting bows. That being said the prime black 5 is fantastic. Smooth draw and just a sweet shooter. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But remember if you go custom strings you'll pay roughly $20-30 more on the 5 piece prime sets, but if you use primes strings for life you don't have to worry about that.
Good to know thank you! My shop gives me a hell of a deal on everything. So I'm waiting to see how they both feel before fully pulling the trigger. But I think I'll be able to get the bowtech for cheaper.

I shot both and liked the Revolt X better. I tried to ignore all the specs and marketing and just shoot the bows blind so to speak. I also shot the Elite Kure and a Hoyt. I liked the Kure at first but then upon more comparison shooting thought the Revolt X a better balanced and lively bow in my hand. I like the top to bottom balance on the Revolt X and felt that I was able to keep my hand much more neutral during and after the shot since the bow didn't seem to move at all after release. The Prime was fine but it didn't excite me.
Good to know thank you!

I definitely would not even consider buying a prime bow. But that's just me. Lol. Why not consider a Matthews or Hoyt?
I thought about Mathews but everyone I've held (given they were older models) were very heavy. My brother in-law shoots the halon and absolutely loves it. But my shop doesn't get a ton of Mathews in so I can't really get the feel for one.

My dad has a Matthews heli and it seems light compared to my Matthews mission bow and I love them both. Also Matthews have a lifetime warranty. Other brands pry do to. I don't keep track that well

I currently have a prime centergy I really like. I have not shot one of the new Black series bows. About a month ago I shot the Revolt, PSE nxt 31 and the Mathews vxr 31. I liked the feel of the revolt and PSE way more than the Mathews and would have had a hard time deciding between them if I was forced to

I currently have a prime centergy I really like. I have not shot one of the new Black series bows. About a month ago I shot the Revolt, PSE nxt 31 and the Mathews vxr 31. I liked the feel of the revolt and PSE way more than the Mathews and would have had a hard time deciding between them if I was forced to
My buddy I hunt with has a centergy and loves it but took a ton of tuning to shoot how he wanted it. Shoot great now. Can't wait for my shop to get them in to get a feel for them

Their are so many great bows made these days IMO it is a how does it feel to you when you shoot them issue shoot em both several times and the one that feels the best is the one for you
I dont think their is much difference in most of the top bows these days except feel

I did not shoot the Primes but I did shoot the Revolt X and it fell dead last on my list. I shot the Elite Kure, VXR, Traverse, and PSE.

Ultimately went with the Traverse. The Revolt had an incredible amount of shock and noise to it.

I did not shoot the Primes but I did shoot the Revolt X and it fell dead last on my list. I shot the Elite Kure, VXR, Traverse, and PSE.

Ultimately went with the Traverse. The Revolt had an incredible amount of shock and noise to it.
I ended to with a black 5. I hated the grip on the revolt compared to the 5. Revolt shot good for me. But man that 5 felt so much better to me

I ended to with a black 5. I hated the grip on the revolt compared to the 5. Revolt shot good for me. But man that 5 felt so much better to me
I think Prime has a good model. I'm afraid to go shoot the 5 after haaving bought the Traverse :)

I shot the Revolt and a VXR 31.5 last week. I was so unimpressed with the Revolt. So much hand shock and vibration and just overall felt very cheap. The VXR on the other hand blew me away. Dead in hand and very smooth. I will be picking one of those up before too long

I shot the Revolt and a VXR 31.5 last week. I was so unimpressed with the Revolt. So much hand shock and vibration and just overall felt very cheap. The VXR on the other hand blew me away. Dead in hand and very smooth. I will be picking one of those up before too long

Things like this show me how individual bow feel can be. I shot both these bows the same day a couple months ago, I really liked the revolt but the vxr was just kinda meh to me. I think it often a comes down to the shop as well and how well the bow you are trying out is tuned

I definitely would not even consider buying a prime bow. But that's just me. Lol. Why not consider a Matthews or Hoyt?
Why not? I recently went to a Prime Centergy from my Mathews Triax. I like my prime way more. I don’t feel like I need to spend more on a name like Mathews and Hoyt when I can get the quality with a Prime. Plus the prime is way smoother to shoot than my Triax.

I am shooting the revolt x and love it so far
Great to hear. I bought one in January......still awaiting delivery. Not sure what mucked up but I guess I should have gotten a black one. The bow shop talked to them last week and they said it was getting shipped. Just hope the shop stay open long enough for me to pick it up!

Surprised it's taking that long. I ordered mine after the ATA show and got it within three weeks (Subalpine)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back