Yeti GOBOX Collection

2019 Dove Season

Sawtooth

A friend and I went out this morning for the opening of Idaho's Dove Season. Birds were plentiful, and we were shooting pretty well. Eurasian dove which are an invasive species and have no limit were plentiful, so we tried to limit our take of morning dove to extend our hunt. We each shot twenty one birds. Five of mine were morning dove and my friend shot three.
Here is a picture my GSP Rudy and I with my birds.
20190901_125327.jpg

Damp and dreary here for the opener. Had a couple flying late, only shot one! Gotta start somewhere, I guess.

Shot my limit of 15 here by 7:30 this morning. Was one of the best openers I have had in a while. All mourning doves. No Eurasian dove where I hunt. Contemplating going out again tomorrow morning.

It was 106 degrees today, so as long as you were in the truck by 10 you were ok. Otherwise, it was miserable. My buddies who took longer to limit out suffered through the heat. My lab did fine. She drank all of her water and mine! Lol.

Opening of dove is probably my favorite time of the year!! The smell of the dove weed brings back memories of my childhood, hunting with my dad.

A friend and I went out this morning for the opening of Idaho's Dove Season. Birds were plentiful, and we were shooting pretty well. Eurasian dove which are an invasive species and have no limit were plentiful, so we tried to limit our take of morning dove to extend our hunt. We each shot twenty one birds. Five of mine were morning dove and my friend shot three.
Here is a picture my GSP Rudy and I with my birds.
View attachment 113494
AWESOME!
I have shotguns and will travel...

Wow that's a lot of birds! I skipped the a.m. but was 4 for 6 on the evening shoot. I am usually much less accurate...

A friend and I went out yesterday afternoon and this morning at two public places and did alright. We ended up with 7 yesterday afternoon and two this morning. There is nothing better than running the dog for me this time of year.

Attachments

• dove_090219.jpg
    dove_090219.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 3
  • dove_090219_2.jpg
    dove_090219_2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3
Dove hunting is a blast. Its one of the hunts that has been missing from my season for way too long.
It is the antelope hunt of the "Bird World". Usually lots of opportunity and doesn't require anything more than a box or two of shells and a shotgun.

Only hunted the first two days, but picked up our 30 birds. GuNR enjoyed himself. If you have any suggestions, he is all ears. :D
48679869361_76b754f6db_k.jpg

Didnt get out this year due to other obligations. First time my brother and I have ever missed the opener since we started as kids. Great pics everyone!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back