Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2018-19 Ia Buck

bcar

On the second to last day of the season I finally got to wrap my tag around this bucks antlers. First deer with a bow from the ground, and my first bow kill post gun season.

C9E08F2D-5A6F-482E-A846-54E8988DF3B1.jpgAA6F1643-158C-4BA2-AFD3-0619F4278624.jpg

Nice work. I never considered packing one out when I lived there, and drug some way farther than i would now.

Nice buck! Glad to se the antlers still holding on, I’ve found four sheds already and heard of others. Late season was messed up this year with the warm temps. What part of Iowa are you in?

Congrats, nice buck man! Hope you didn't get any blood on your wife's water bottle.

Nice buck! Glad to se the antlers still holding on, I’ve found four sheds already and heard of others. Late season was messed up this year with the warm temps. What part of Iowa are you in?

Thanks everybody. I’m in central Ia. I’m not sure what to think about the shed situation yet, I’ve been hearing of lots of people finding sheds and seeing/shooting shed bucks. It does seem like more than usual. I’m not sure if the cold November is responsible or not.

Congrats! Nice buck! Love those picks. I've always got my pack and game bags in the truck but have never needed them. I'm a little jealous.

Well done. Congrats! How far did you have to pack him?

It was about a 3/4 mile pack out. Pawned one of the hind quarters off on my buddy so that got my pack weight down to 65#. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get into mountain shape haha.

Just a little information for you. I talked to a few different dnr officers and was told the gutless method is illegal in Iowa. If you butcher a deer in the field you have to gut it to get the inner loins out.

Just a little information for you. I talked to a few different dnr officers and was told the gutless method is illegal in Iowa. If you butcher a deer in the field you have to gut it to get the inner loins out.

Not arguing your post but what sense does that make? You take the inner loins out with the gutless method

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back