Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2018-19 Coyote Trapline

15 years ago mange pretty much wiped coyotes out of our area too. It took a long time but the population started rebuilding a couple years ago and most have been mange free since. This year out of the 92 I think we only had about 6 or 7 with mange...We are very fortunate for that as there is nothing worse than putting in the time and effort to trap and catch nothing but worthless mangey coyotes.

Whoa! Grats!
What do you find is the best way to dispatch a coyote in a foothold? I take it, with snares, they're mostly dead on arrival. If one is still alive or it caught the leg, what's the ideal way to put down the animal while still preserving the value of the hide?

Last edited:
Just curious. How big of a area are you trapping to get that many yotes? How many miles you driving to check traps each day?

This catch was pretty much two separate traplines put together at the end between my brother and I. My line in total was probably about 30-35 miles round trip. I only trapped 4 different properties and really 2 of them made up 90% of my catch. My brother had to travel further to check his but most of his traps were set within 5 miles of each other.

Awesome haul! Yeah it's crazy what the yotes are doing this year. Hearing rumors around Ia/Mo that Midwest yotes will sell higher than Midwest bobcats this year. Quite a turn around from a couple years ago.

Thats a lot of yotes in a area. Makes me wonder how many are actually around my area.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back