Yeti GOBOX Collection

2015 nov whitetail hunt

Outofstate-r

Guys, I can't decide on where to go hunting this November. I always hunt public land and have a good thing going in Illinois. I have hunted in Mo, Il,In, and thinking about Ks this yr....I have narrowed it down to Ks or back to Il. What would the HT community do? Now I have 5 yrs worth of history in Il shooting 125-160's on public ground , but I also wouldn't mind a new adventure.

Try a mountain whitetail for the adventure of it. Sounds like you have some good hunts already for big bucks. If u want a real adventure....try a MN BWCA northwoods hunt. Tough hunt, low deer numbers, lotsa wolves but there are 300 lb bucks that die of old-age & have rarely seen a human. Tags are OTC There's also Blacktails & Coues deer. Beautiful country. But dont overlook the symbol of the "west", mule deer. Many staes u can hunt whitatails & muleys on same tag.

Last edited:
Montana Whitetail hunt would be a lot of fun. Depending on the unit tons of block management and public land to hunt on. I always wanted to go to Kansas and hunt the walk in areas that go for miles that Randy showed us in his shows. Tons of possibilities hunting out west. Good luck.

Have you ever been to LBL in Kentucky/Tennessee? I've been down there quite a bit, never deer hunted it though (haven't got past the tag price yet). They plant corn and beans in some areas, and I always see lots of tracks, rubs, etc. along the field edges.

They hold a drawing for a quota gun hunt, and I believe everything else is archery only for deer..

Try a mountain whitetail for the adventure of it. Sounds like you have some good hunts already for big bucks. If u want a real adventure....try a MN BWCA northwoods hunt. Tough hunt, low deer numbers, lotsa wolves but there are 300 lb bucks that die of old-age & have rarely seen a human. Tags are OTC There's also Blacktails & Coues deer. Beautiful country. But dont overlook the symbol of the "west", mule deer. Many staes u can hunt whitatails & muleys on same tag.

This Sounds awesome, but I don't think I have enough time off.

I have not hunted LBL, I have friends who have had and they always came back with mixed reviews.

Have you ever been to LBL in Kentucky/Tennessee? I've been down there quite a bit, never deer hunted it though (haven't got past the tag price yet). They plant corn and beans in some areas, and I always see lots of tracks, rubs, etc. along the field edges.

They hold a drawing for a quota gun hunt, and I believe everything else is archery only for deer..

What's the cost on that LBL tag? I have very extended family down there and might be able to talk some folks into a group whitetail hunt so that I don't have to pay for a place to stay.

Edit: Just looked on the KY website. 120 for tag, 140 for license, and 25 for LBL use permit. Is there anything I'm missing?

Last edited:
It's only a $25 annual use permit to hunt LBL.. But Kentucky's state deer tag price nearly doubled recently. Still not totally outrageous, but can't really justify it on top of my other trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back