2015-16 Idaho Regs

Doesn't look like they listened to any of the public hearing comments from the March meeting.

Doesn't look like they listened to any of the public hearing comments from the March meeting.
Because all of the public comments said the exact same thing and there were no conflicting opinions?

Typically, at least in the past, they seem to have public meetings so we can feel good about our opinions being heard and then they do what they want anyways.

Only thing missing is a hunting season in unit 39 during the months of Feb, March, June and July.

Looks like they didn't list the drawing odds next to each hunt like they did in the OIL regs. That's a good thing.

Because all of the public comments said the exact same thing and there were no conflicting opinions?

Pretty much. The Idaho Hound Hunters and the President of the Idaho Bow hunters both pushed for allowing the use dogs for bear in the Weiser River controlled units. Those comments made up the majority of the public comment. There were no comments to the contrary on the issue. The hound hunters there said they would be happy to volunteer their time and dogs to help youth hunters gain an understanding of hunting with dogs and be more successful in the youth only hunts. I didn't have a dog in the fight, pun intended, but was impressed that the majority of the comments were about this subject.

This is what people say when they don't get their way.

I received an e-mail from the regional office near me that listed each proposal and the number of comments they recieved for an against each. Several of the changes that I supported were dropped because of public comment.

They dropped the proposal to extend all deer seasons in southern Idaho to Oct 31st, because of public comment.

Some people just want to hate the IDFG.

My wishes were not made into what I wanted based on my comments and others that I know commented similarly, but that was for OTC tags.

I was happy to see some changes on draw tags that I was hoping a majority would be in favor of. Now I just have to wait to apply and get drawn. I hope 2015 will bring a couple tags drawn for me and my family. If not I don't see why we can't be successful during the general season.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back