Caribou Gear

Idaho Regs and maybe a dumb ?

CTELK83

My friend and I are headed to Idaho for mule deer this fall. I was staring at my gear the other day and something hit me…. Idaho has fairly strict rules/Regs. Like “no lighted knocks”. My buddy bought a Burris eliminator III for this trip. Can anyone confirm if that is allowed?? I read the Regs and I feel like it isn’t that clear. Almost seems like they mean are talking about “laser” sights not being allowed?
Thank you!

So how bout the Idaho rule on spark arrestors for ATVs? Never even herd of that before. I need one for a polaris sportsman 500?

So how bout the Idaho rule on spark arrestors for ATVs? Never even herd of that before. I need one for a polaris sportsman 500?
You should be good unless you gutted the stock one or purchased an aftermarket one without a spark arrestor. Almost all off road machines come with an approved spark arrestor. Only things I can really think of that don’t are atvs and motorcycles sold for racing/closed course use

@CTELK83, sorry to derail your thread with my earlier posts. A couple of years ago there were several threads on other forums debating whether the Leupold VX-6HD was legal in Idaho because of its built-in electronic level. I don’t know if there was an official determination.

You should be good unless you gutted the stock one or purchased an aftermarket one without a spark arrestor. Almost all off road machines come with an approved spark arrestor. Only things I can really think of that don’t are atvs and motorcycles sold for racing/closed course use
My sportsman 500 is an ATV. a year 2000 model.

My sportsman 500 is an ATV. a year 2000 model.
My sportman is a 570 is newer than yours but look at muffler is there any kind of bolt head on side of it? If so thats the spark arrestor clean out, my honda pioneer also has simular setup. I have seen metal screens on several devices in the actual exhaust pipe also and imagine a few atvs have them

@CTELK83, sorry to derail your thread with my earlier posts. A couple of years ago there were several threads on other forums debating whether the Leupold VX-6HD was legal in Idaho because of its built-in electronic level. I don’t know if there was an official determination.
All good. Buddy returned scope and had the new one mounted today… 5 weeks to get right!

Light knocks and mechanical broad heads have now been legalized. As far as the Burris sight, I’d assume it to be illegal. I asked a fish and game office in the past what exactly makes them illegal, and he said anything scope that is required to have battery power to see the sights, or gives you range at the same time it is illegal to use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back