Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2012 - Never too early to start planning.

SWMontana1

I know how protective people are of their land and not allowing people to hunt on that land... I would be the exact same way if I was fortunate enough to own my own land. However, I am a born and raised Montanan looking to shoot a bull elk next year in Montana... doesn't have to be a trophy or anything... just looking for a bull. I would really like to experience elk hunting on private property rather than public just to see what it is like to hunt non-pressured (or less pressured) elk without the masses of the crowd....

I thought I would throw this out as soon as the 2011 season ended because for the next 9-10 months I am willing to put in as much work as possible to allow me access. I will fix fences, herd cows, help brand, shoe horses... if you need help doing anything at all over 0-10 months... I'm your guy. I am not looking for a free handout but rather working for access. However, I completely understand if you would rather not have people on your land, trust me - I get it.

Well if you dont end up finding any one you can always put all of that hard work towards getting in shape and scouting on public lands. If you physically prepare over the next 10 months you should have no problem at all getting into unpressured elk, there just a ways in there.
Im not saying your out of shape either, it just takes A LOT to be physically prepared to get far into the back country of MT and come out with an elk on your back.

Well, if and when i come over i won't have an option, public lands for me and lots of walking with very little time to do any scouting at all, but still its not all about killing but the whole experience for me, getting a bull of any description will be a big bonus for me.
But you are fortunate to live there, if i did i would put the work in scouting the area, or should you not get any takers, do the work you describe or any work for that matter, save the money and go with an outfitter on private lands, or could it be i don't have a clue what i am talking about living in the UK?
Probably!
Cheers
Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back