2012 ND Fort Berthold Deer

wswat

Well finally got my revenge on this buck. I made a bad shot in 2011 as he ducked my string and I hit him high above the front shoulder and after 3 days of looking no sign of him I figured he was long gone. Next week I had him back on the trail camera good as new. Needless to say when he showed this year on camera I was very excited to see him. I only figured he was a mid 140 deer but when he came walking down the trail I knew that wouldn't be the case. To stop the buck fever I closed my eyes took 3 deep breaths and prepaired for the shot After making a perfect double lung shot this year he was soon to be mine. Once I walked up to him I about fell over. Way bigger than I could ever of dreamed. With main beams of 25 1/2" and 24 1/2" and 3 tines of 11" and 40 1/8" of mass he will gross over 160" in velvet.buck 3.jpg

buck2.jpg

buck1.jpg

buck4.jpg

Congrats!

Congrats on a beauty!

One question: does the season open on Fort Berthold before it does in the rest of the state? I assume so because the state archery season doesn't open until tomorrow at noon.

I'm sure you're up to speed and I'm not- just looking for info so I know. Congrats on a great buck!

Yes reservation season opened the 24th of August.
Like anyone would shoot a deer out of season and post pictures Come on Man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back