2011 Montana Reg Changes?

drthornton

I friend and I were discussing our 2011 Applications Strategies and Montana came up. Neither of us has put in for Montana before but are both seriously considering.

Did I dream this or is Montana changing their Limited Entry Tags next year to where you don't have to draw a Combo tag first to enter for the limited Tags? I was pretty confident about it when it first came up but in a limited search for substantiation I could not find anything. Can't remember where I thought I read it.

Thanks

For what it's worth I haven't heard anything about that either...

Not sure about those changes, but sheep hunting opportunity will be going down drastically.

Just a quick tidbit for ya. Montana voters are voting on either to do away with outfitter sponsored licenses or keep them. Esentially the 5,500 outfitter sponsored licenses will go into the general non-resident pool in addition to what is already there if it passes. Tag fees will go up. The Inititive is I-161, there's a lot of info out there on the inititive both for and against.

There is some 2011 tag info. on the MT F&G website. It looks as though some non-resident tags/lic. fees are going up and the outfitter special lic. combos are changed.

I will be in the non-res. antelope drawing again :hump: .

The Mt big game combo tag is going up in price by about $250.00, it will be $897.00 in 2011.
if they raised all there non-res licences that much i will be applying in a different State this year.

Kevin

Yep, adios Montana, LOL! Actually, when you add the price of the two separate nonresident Wyoming licenses together you are up higher than that!!!

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back