Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Mini Moose

So i will probably end up finally going on a Cat hunt this year, was supposed to last year, but the guy i was going to go with that had the hounds broke his colar bone and didn't get out,

Question is, i'm hunting the South east idaho areas, and what would you think a good size cat would be for a first cat? and how big should it be for me to do a full body mount if i do get one?

Any Tom 3-4+ years old will do just fine!! A young tom is a good looking cat and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to mount one... he may weight 110-130 pounds dressed out...as opposed to a"bit tom" at 150...

Good luck...

Ernie

thanks, i was wondering cause i hear all these stories of big old toms that whey in around 200 pounds, and wasn't thinkin i would get one that big and if it was worth it to mount a smaller one

You won't get a 200#er. Thats a Big Big Cat.

Have you been out yet, It's been prime snow over there the last couple weeks.

Yeah, the 200 pounders are as close to a myth as you can get... A good 160 pound tom can have 30-40 pounds of elk meat in his belly and weigh 200...

There are some that even weigh more, but I bet they are full of meat...

A 125 pound cat is a good looking critter.. most toms that are 3+ years old have good looking heads and make great mounts!

Good Luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back