Caribou Gear

2002 Antelope......

iminrut

I decoyed this buck in from 150+yards into 7.......he isn't the biggest buck out there(right at 66") but he was probably the most intense hunt I've ever finished off........it took about 3 hours to make it close enough for him to see my set-up, and I mean he came crashing in, I didn't think I was gonna get a chance to draw........by the time he blew past the back end of my decoy a mere 7 yards out, I was drawn.........by the time he stopped when he saw me kneeling in the open behind the decoy, my arrow was on it's way

014738.jpg

Sorry for the lack of a smile.....it was in the mid-90's and my fat butt was tired and thirsty from a couple days of belly crawling, etc.....the goat managed a smile for me though.... :D

Actually Bowhunter, what I did was trace out an image off the net onto a piece of clear plastic.......then I used a projector to project the image onto a piece of plywood and traced out the image there (with color areas marked)........then I just used a skill saw and cut out the plywood........split it in the middle and hinged it for easy carrying, and painted it with spray paint.........it ain't perfect, but it has worked pretty awesome the past couple of years. It looks alot like the Flambeau Commandelope.....

Thanks for the compliment......Clay

That is a great buck, and a good story. Thanks for sharing and I don't think I have yet, so will now....
Welcome both of you to Moosies Hunttalk, how do you like it so far and glad you are posting pics. Got any more.... :D :D :D

Way to go on the goat "rut". Sounds like it was an intense hunt. Have you taken a few with the decoy?

Oh yeh, welcome to Moosies where even nodaks are welcome. ;)

Thanks guys.....

Nut, I will slowly be posting pics, don't want to wear everyone out right off the bat, LOL......plus I've seen enough of these guys' posts with pics, to know I can't hold a candle to them....

Mtmiller, thanks for the welcome, and I'll try to hold off on the sheep jokes (besides we have our share here)
shhh.gif
....and I see you're from Havre.....now I know that Havre's population is quite a bit more than this speed bump I live in, but you wouldn't happen to know a Pat Sargent from out that way ?? They runsome kind of horse team operation out there ??!! Not the Budweiser kind but pulling horses.... ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back