Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

20 gauge 870 slug barrel needed.

elkhnter

Youngest daughter called today and she wants to go deer hunting with me this year! That makes my heart happy!
Now I’ve got several 12 gauge slug guns, but nothing in 20. Have a youth 870, but need a slug barrel.
If someone has one they wouldn’t mind parting with, I’m in the market. Need it before 11/15 if possible.
Thanks
Jim

That's a tough find. Good luck on the search. I found one on Ebay but it's more than double what I expected it would cost.

Alternatively maybe buy some of the Federal blue box forster slugs and send them down a cylinder choke. Within 75 yards they should do minute of deer.

I really do appreciate that.
She’s really taking an interest in the outdoors this year, camping, fishing and such. Really surprised that’s she’s moved into hunting this fast.
She in school in St Louis for CRNA, very demanding classes.
Thanks again.

Alternatively maybe buy some of the Federal blue box forster slugs and send them down a cylinder choke. Within 75 yards they should do minute of deer.
Worth a try for sure! I’ve had better luck with rifled slugs in Imp-Cyl. Can make a bird barrel a decent 75 yard deer gun with the addition of an add-on rear sight designed for turkey hunting….if it shoots slugs well enough that is.

I really do appreciate that.
She’s really taking an interest in the outdoors this year, camping, fishing and such. Really surprised that’s she’s moved into hunting this fast.
She in school in St Louis for CRNA, very demanding classes.
Thanks again.
If worse comes to worse, she can borrow my 270 for the season and I'll throw in a box of ammo. I'm a few hours southwest of STL. With the cost of gas it may be a wash on overspending for a barrel.

Just an FYI, an 870 can bark pretty good with slugs. We have to use slugs here and have lots of experience.

Yep, we have experience too.
Girls not daisy. Spent 5 years as a trauma nurse in Houston, went back last year for 5 weeks work in a COVID unit. She can handle herself.
We’ll probably do an autopsy and have anatomy training when we field dress it.

Back