2 Wyoming antelope down

That's awesome! How did you like Unit 9 in terms of public land? We put in this year with 0 points and didn't get drawn, but will hopefully hunt that unit next year.

I had zero points this year and was lucky enough to draw. The public land in unit 9 reminds me more of mule deer country then antelope. They are def there but it's more broken/rolling country for the biggest section of public along 270. The further west i went in the unit the more goats we seen. Ended up hunting about 25 miles west of Lusk. I killed one of the two biggest antelope I seen on the entire trip and I spent the first two days driving and glassing. If you're looking for a big goat, I'm not sure unit 9 would be the place. If your looking for a nice representative of the species then I would recommend it. I am beyond excited with the goat I tagged out on. If you decide to go next year shoot me a pm and I'll be more specific about where you can find the goats.

I had zero points this year and was lucky enough to draw. The public land in unit 9 reminds me more of mule deer country then antelope. They are def there but it's more broken/rolling country for the biggest section of public along 270. The further west i went in the unit the more goats we seen. Ended up hunting about 25 miles west of Lusk. I killed one of the two biggest antelope I seen on the entire trip and I spent the first two days driving and glassing. If you're looking for a big goat, I'm not sure unit 9 would be the place. If your looking for a nice representative of the species then I would recommend it. I am beyond excited with the goat I tagged out on. If you decide to go next year shoot me a pm and I'll be more specific about where you can find the goats.

Agreed, but also the center pivots east of town treated us well also. Great bucks, anything with a bow makes it special.

A nice representative of the species is exactly what I am looking for. Next year, our 1 point should pretty much guarantee unit 9. This year we are hunting on leftover tags on unit 24. Congrats again to you and your lady.

Back