Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2 questions

Bwana

Just picked up a used PSE Bandit for my youngest boy but need to get some arrows and possibly a release. Any suggestions on what to look for?

My "new" bow is nearly 20 years old so I am still shooting aluminum arrow and using my own fingers instead of a release. Therefore I need some guidance from you gents in the know on what I should be looking for for my boy. FYI - the boy is only 10 but if he gets proficient enough I MIGHT be willing to let him try for deer with me this fall.

Any suggestions?

If you can get carbons to spine properly for your sons bow I would probably go that route on arrows. They should last longer and he won't have a problem bending them pulling them from a target. I know at his age I had a habit of bending aluminum arrows pulling them. As for a release I'd take a trip to an archery shop and look over a few different ones. I'd suggest one with some adjustability in the length as he'll be able to use it longer, plus a good adjustable trigger will allow you to adjust to a safe trigger pull for him.

I agree if you go to a pro shop they will let him test some different ones as well that way he can find one that fits and shoots well for him. I shoot Gold Tip arrows and really like them any carbon or graphite type arrow should do you as they dont bend they will break though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back