2" hitch carrier.

Stubaby

I'm looking for a folding hitch carrier that will hold my sons 50cc quad. It needs to be at least 48" wide and 30" deep Doesn't need tall sides. Folding ramp is cool but not necessary. I will also use it to haul a deer if needed. Could be aluminum or steel.

I bought a wheel chair carrier from harbor Frt but I think it's too flimsy. Most of the ones I see are 20" deep and that won't cut it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have two adult quads and a kid one. My wife and I just got a pop up camp trailer with the front atv rack. There is a 2" stinger welded really good on the back of that trailer. For a pop up this has a heavy duty frame. I can fit one quad in the truck, the other on the front of the trailer and I want to put the little guy on some type of carrier to hook in the rear of the trailer.

I also want to use it behind my truck when it's just me and my son so I don't have to pull my flat bed trailer if I don't have to.

Yeah, I was looking for one to put a Honda EU3000i on the back of my MH. I really think you might be better off having one built with quality steel tubing. As for the Hitch on the Pop Up, IDK. John

I'd be very careful if you're talking about putting any kind of real weight on the back bumper of that popup, as I don't think they are made to hold much weight. I know the A Liner popup I sold 3 years ago was only rated for the spare tire carrier. I found that out when I popped one of the welds holding it to the camper frame when I stepped up on it to clean the window dome on the roof. I ended up just taking the tire and holder off to eliminate that weight and left the one popped weld alone and never had any problems doing that with all the weight off of it.

A friend built this one for me a few years ago for $100. I have a class 3 hitch under my f350 and I can tell you the leverage applied to the hitch is substantial when you have a cpl hundred pounds in the rack and start going over whoop d doos at 60-70 mph.

1_zpszzvlg8tn.jpg

This pop up has the full size frame with the frame going all the way to the back of the trailer. The body sits clear on top of the frame. It's got the heavy duty off road tires and is 2400 lbs empty. The hitch is welded very securely to the frame not the bumper.

I know what you mean with the torque. It's like that game you play with the 8' 2x4 wood stud. Easy to hold with both hands when holding in the center of it but impossible when you hold on the end of one side. This quad weighs 156lbs.

Back