1st timers!

One thing I love to do is to have some pre-made meals that are both easy to heat up and filling. Waking up early and eating a hearty breakfast burrito or coming back to the tent after a long day of hiking to chow down on some Stroganoff adds loads of comfort and makes camp chores a bit easier by not having to cook.

We bring a generator to run the chest freezer once the first elk is down. We also pack a grinder and vac sealer to process everything in camp before driving 2 days back home.

I went on my first elk hunt last year and what I learned is, I had packed plenty of stuff and was well prepared in that equipment area but didn't do enough working out ahead of time. High Elevation with climbing up and down though the snow, it kicked my butt the first couple days. Make sure you're in shape, it may cost you oppritunitys if you're not.

Last edited:
Whiskey
A can of celebratory SPAM
Jim Shockeys sqwincher
Extra undies

3# sledge for driving tent stakes, knee pads for the job, propane trigger start bottle for lighting the stove, and stove coal to keep the fire burning longer during the night (you need a coal grate in your stove, many come with them) what a difference it makes. A PVC pole with a nail at a 45 degree angle on the end long enough to pick the spark arrester off the chimney for cleaning. It will need it a lot! Battery operated lantern for those middle of the night walks and for getting the lanterns going in the AM. I could list a lot more...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back