PEAX Equipment

1st Bull-4 years in the making!

northwoodsPT

Wanted to post a video link and a few pictures from our groups archery elk hunt this fall in Western Colorado. We are all from the midwest and have spent the last four Septembers trecking out to the grand mesa NF to chase elk on public land without guides. It's hard to put into words all the hard work, planning, complete failures, fights, "debates" with spouses, countless phone calls and effort that went into finally harvesting this elk. The video shows us finding the elk in some thick timber after a short 100 yard blood trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLpwfqk7lQs&feature=share

I was very fortunate to have like minded hunting partners who care just as much about the journey as they do the end result. I hope that everyone on here has hunting buddies that are as good as mine.

Now that we have culminated our last four years with taking this bull, we are already in the process of discussing our next elk hunting plans to start making new memories!

You guys are awesome! So cool to see so much emotion pouring out, I'm sure you guys worked hard for that one. Congrats!

Yeah, we were on emotion overload that night. THen reality set in shortly afterward..haha, didnt make it back to camp until close to 2AM. Well worth it though!

Way to go! Congrats on the well deserved bull! I bet this years planning has some extra spark for sure.

northwoodsPT,

That is what HUNTING is all about! We would love to publish your story in our print publication this next year. I will shoot you a PM.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! I fugured you were from the midwest when I saw the iFinder h20 GPS you're using. Seems everyone has one of those for ice fishing. Anyway... glad you got it done finally. I'm from the midwest too and it took me three years to kill a bull so I know where you are coming from. Sure is a great feeling and you guys seemed to enjoy every second of it. Well deserved and congrats again.

wow, congrats.... I shot my first elk this year with the bow, a spike, and let me tell you that my video is alittle verbally explicit for posting on this site or I would..... Congrats on a great bull and adventure... 4 years is better than not trying.....
Matt

Thanks for the nice comments about our video! We are fortunate that we have got to travel to colorado the past few years to experience what you western guys get to partake in on a yearly basis. Is it abnormal that we are already talking about our plans for next season!?!

Craig, i sent you a PM.
Andrew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back