Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

1986 Weatherby Mark V Fibermark

RugerHawg413

I want your thoughts on a 1986 Weatherby Mark V Fibermark .257 Weatherby Magnum Left Hand, it is priced about $1,200 and is in really good shape. I wanted to know if it is overpriced or if there is anything I should about it before I buy it! Thanks!

FWIW I believe that model Fibermark came with a McMillan Stock. If that's the case its definitely worth the price being asked.

This, but I'd also inquire about round count. If a rebarrel is needed or will be soon, the price should reflect that.
The seller said that the rifle probably has had only 200 rounds put thru it. The photos concur with that.

FWIW that is a McMillan Stock.
I would offer 900-1000 based on the fact it's been altered for the brake.

FWIW that is a McMillan Stock.
I would offer 900-1000 based on the fact it's been altered for the brake.
Forgive me, please describe what you mean by altered. I don't know a lot about muzzle breaks. Thanks for the help!

not in its original condition, but I agree with Harley. should be a very nice addition .

However, it would not hurt to mention the brake and offer 1000, especially if your dealing directly

Are you 100% certain that's not a 1986 OEM brake? I remember them bulged...and the blowhole pattern looks pretty familiar.
I don't believe they were ever offered on the 257, but I could be wrong.
The more I think about it dont believe weatherby offered muzzle breaks at all until the Alaskan came out in the early 90's.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back