19 years ago yesterday……..

One of those I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news.
So glad I got to see him in concert.

And Call of The Wild is still one of my favorite songs.

When I started school in Missoula, one of the friends I made, who I ended up living with until we graduated, was a guy from Sand Coulee, MT. We were from very different backgrounds, and I like to think we each rubbed off on the other, including in the music dept. He was a big Chris fan and I have to admit I always enjoyed this one. Listening back now, I have to give some props for putting a Marc Knopfler-esque guitar solo in a cowboy song and making it fit...

I wish I could have seen him ride. He won the world around 1972, about 5 years before I got the rodeo itch. By then Joe Alexander was winning it all.
I probably did see Chris ride, but don't remember it. I was pretty young. My parents always would take us to see their friends in Red Bluff every Easter weekend in the early 70's. Red Bluff roundup was that weekend, and was a big deal back in the day. I do rember my brother getting Larry Mahan's autograph one time.

I got to see Chris perform in Moscow, ID around 1997. Best concert I ever saw!

I never got to see Chris in person, but was able to see his son Ned and he put on a good show.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back