Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

171-173 Nevada first timer!

PackMule21

Happy 4th Hunters!!

I was blessed with a 171-173 Antelope rifle tag this year. I am military, stationed down in Vegas and I am hoping to get up there mid to late July. I have only ever driven through Tonopah. This will be my first Antelope hunt and will have the wife and kiddos with me. I have OnX as well. Looks like a ton of land....I plan to look low and try and find some steady water. I see some fields in the area as well. I know they are on the move alot, but is there any general area I should look to more than others? I have taken a few buck and 2 cows in my short hunting journey.

These gas and other inflated prices are effecting my scouting plan....especially when you factor on bang for buck in relation to harvest meat weight and then hopefully mounting my first lol.

Thanks guy and gals.

Shoot straight...

Don’t have any unit specific advice for ya, but in general I’d say you’re on the right track. Find a glassing point, check out the fields and try to find water sources. Randy has a few Nevada pronghorn hunts on YouTube I’m sure would be helpful in picking up some tips. Good luck hope you have a good hunt.

i have found that unlike wyoming antelope,nevada antelope also roam up in some of the hilly stuff,,dont rule out the hills,,water is gonna be key though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back