Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

17 Remingtion Center Fire Now That a Real Fur Gun

uncle buck

if anyone sells their fur. The 17 Remingtion Center fire is an outstanding fur gun.. A 25 grain bullet there is just a small entry hole. The fox, coyote, coon, and or bobcat pelt (fur) is not destroyed by the bullet. Small entry hole, explosion inside, but not exit wound to rip the pelt.

Hope you try one for chuck or praire dog hunting too.

Welcome to Hunttalk Uncle Buck. I've been paying attention to your posts over at huntingpa for several years. I'm glad you found us. ;)
Doug

i had a 17 its ideal for fox and bobcats but i did wound a few yotes i prefer my 243 on coyotes it kills all coyotes dead but is not fur friendly

Boy, This subject has never been covered.
Hey, By the way CMiddleton, I'll be working for the county and the woolgrowers denning down your way. Natrona County.

Idont have a 17 Rem. but the HMR is a blast to shoot not a yote gun, but i would hunt about anything smaller. semi auto '06 10 round clips work good for coyotes.
Still junior duvy.

Ya seams like every sight talks about it on a revolving bases.I shoot way to many desert dogs to conceder using a 17 cal any thing.
Haven't sold a fur in years but the last time I tried they weren't paying much for trapped.shot with any thing was less than my gas and time.
I use mostly 6mm/243 with 80gr soft point and rip them up good.

Did you ever have a gun or caliber that you would not part with. That is how I feel about the 17 Remingtion Center Fire.

I wish Savage would come out with a model 24 rifle shotgun combo in the 17 Rem Center Fire. They Could Call It "THE FOX GUN!". LOL

Back