.17 caliber rifle

Back to the original question about 17’s. I doubt many here shoot more varmints or rifles and the 204 may be a great round, but it isn’t a 17. I have dozens of varmint rifles and shoot 1000’s of rounds through them and not 1 is a 204. 5-17’s and about 7 6mms the rest are 22’s from a Hornet to 220 Swift.

A 17 (again I would recommend the 17 Hornet) will do a fantastic job on varmints. Every time you consider a wildcat, you need to consider the options or lack there of in your need for reloading dies and components.

View attachment 170801View attachment 170803View attachment 170805View attachment 170806
@shrapnel, Can you please give us all career and/or marriage advice? Sweet goodness that is a collection!

I own a 17 fireball and it is a pretty sweet round. It does seem like anymore, 17 hornet ammo and components (brass) are easier to come by than 17 rem or 17 fireball so i'd probably go that route if I were you. While we are on the topic of 17's, does anyone here reload for them? I reload for the fireball but it is a real pain. trying to balance that little flat based bullet on that tiny brass then guide it through the seating die has caused me to destroy a bunch of brass over the years. a boat tail would be a LOT easier to reload. Is there something I am missing or a trick that some of you might have to make it easier? i have resorted to buying factory ammo when i can find it for about $40 a box to try to avoid having to reload them.

I use an RCBC VLD chamfer tool on my 17 rem and it makes seating bullets much easier

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back