PEAX Equipment

12V RV Cell Signal Boosters?

N

ntodwild

Anyone have any experience with these things? One of my hunting partners runs a business and needs a cell signal for phone calls at all hours. In the past he has been able to take an ATV out of camp and run up a small dirt road a mile to get service. Well business has gotten better and needs to have full coverage with his cell phone at all hours in order to communicate with employees and clients. Our early season RV camp has very limited cell coverage (1 bar in and out all day depending on weather). Typically a text will get out but phone calls are not even a consideration. These 12v Cell signal boosters for RV's are not cheap. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks for any information you can provide in advance.

Might be time to get a Garmin InReach (Iridium satellite system) to allow worldwide texting messages (with subscription, of course) to allow texts/alerts, then fire up the ATV to drive out to the cell service area if a text won't cut it.

You have to have a signal to boost which it seems you do. I've watched Randy's segment. I'm in the market but haven't pulled the trigger. If the tower is stationary, you can buy one with a stronger boost. Home > RV > vehicle.

Might be time to get a Garmin InReach (Iridium satellite system) to allow worldwide texting messages (with subscription, of course) to allow texts/alerts, then fire up the ATV to drive out to the cell service area if a text won't cut it.

Unfortunately text won't work. Cell conversations are a must. He runs a marine refrigeration business and has employees that need to carry on conversation that involve direct oversight on a moments notice. He also has to be in contact with suppliers and have the ability to dispatch a call to an employee. He typically will have hour long phone calls during the evening back at camp. Sometimes several. The funny part is that during the day while down in a canyon (hunting area there is good cell coverage oddly enough). Camp just has some dead zones.

The thing is with these is you will just not know how well its gonna work until you get out there and use it. We use them for work and it works great in places you think it will suck and terrible in places you think it would be great. It's kind of a crap shoot. But when they work..they work.

We’re starting to run boasters in inspectors trucks. They appear to be helping with voice and data. Like the Verizon rep told use, you have to have some signal. Multiple zero with anything and you still get zero.
I have one in my home and it makes a world of difference.

I run a "WeBoost" in my truck and it works pretty good. Upgrade the antenna that comes with it, and it works even better :)

I run weboost 4g in all my work trucks. Cell provider in my area also has to be Verizon for better coverage. Keep svc. provider in mind. Good boosters run me around $500ish

I used to use the Wilson 3G signal booster in my truck for AT&T. Worked great but keep service provider in mind as mentioned before and how many users you want the booster for, most 12v boosters only work for one phone at a time.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back