12AW early season Arizona best place to camp with toy hauler?

Roosevelt

I'd like to ask where the best place to hunt etc for the early hunt, but I hate asking that...I'm sure I will before season sometime though 😁...In the meantime, I'm hauling my toyhauler and wanted to get some ideas on the best/closest place to set up? Thanks in advance.... BTW, if anyone wants to let me know where a honey hole is at, that'd be ok too😁 ...I'm going to get there a few days early to scout before season if I can get away from work...I know nothing about the unit and am definitely a bit worried about finding them early on in the hunt. Thanks again....

Head south from Jacob lake and then then right on 212 its 8-10 miles to the turn off. Lots of nice camping spots that are easy to get to.

The burn did not go south of Jacob Lake to my knowledge. I have been across the mountain on 89A twice since the fire. Its mostly west and to the north of Jacob.

Head south from Jacob lake and then then right on 212 its 8-10 miles to the turn off. Lots of nice camping spots that are easy to get to.
Ok thank you....I'll look at a satellite view now. My biggest fear is pulling in somewhere and not being able to turn around. Thanks for taking the time to give advice 👍

Check what is open after the burn. I’d call the forest service
I'll try that now...I've never had much luck with government type employees wanting to be all that helpful....but then again unfortunately I live in California, albeit extreme northern California, most California's govt types are the worst to deal with. Best experience ever was when I stopped in to buy a wolf tag in Montana. The game wardens there are the most helpful, nicest people I've ever met. They literally (3-4 wardens) busted out the maps and wanted to show me some good areas. They even offered to have me follow them to a good area to show me around personally. Ever since then I've wanted to move to Montana 🤔. I'm retired Deputy Sheriff, so I know the drag of dealing with all types of the public, so I get it when people in different agencies don't want to immediately drop what they're doing to help....boy that was a never ending rant🥴. Thanks for the advice

The burn did not go south of Jacob Lake to my knowledge. I have been across the mountain on 89A twice since the fire. Its mostly west and to the north of Jacob.
Thanks again! Looking it all up right now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back