PEAX Equipment

125 grain 30-06

Well never having used the 125gr 30 cal bullet's I think your talking about two different bullet's, either cup and core or monolithic. I just wonder how much the extra velocity of a 125 gr bullet could it handle and still proform well. Even a bonded bullet is infact a cup and core but much better than a standard cup and core. Then too there mightbe a 125 gr monolithic bullet that mintains most of it's weight. two things kill; velocity and weight!

Well never having used the 125gr 30 cal bullet's I think your talking about two different bullet's, either cup and core or monolithic. I just wonder how much the extra velocity of a 125 gr bullet could it handle and still proform well. Even a bonded bullet is infact a cup and core but much better than a standard cup and core. Then too there mightbe a 125 gr monolithic bullet that mintains most of it's weight. two things kill; velocity and weight!
Hi Don.

No question, too much speed can affect a bullet's integrity. I was asking more about a) the "performance" differences between the newer TSX and TTSX bullets, and b) the use of 130 gr TSX bullets in my 30-06 / 300 Win Mag.

Thanks!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back