Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

100% howa mini morning

brockel

The howa mini 223 has had a good couple mornings this week. It’s totals up to 8 for the week now for 4 mornings of work. Was heading out to set some cat sets and figured I’d make a couple stands before the wind started to howl like it was suppose to. Had this little female come into a howl. Dumped her and could hear another coyote off in the distance probably 3/4 mile away warning barking. Decided to see if I could cut the distance and get him to come in. Got within 1/4 mile of the draw I figured he was hanging in. Let out a high pitched howl and he answered back. Started in on some pup distress and he came over the ridge. Whistled him to a stop at 100 yards and planted him in the dirt with a 40 grain nosler ballistic tip. Good sized male. After that the wind picked up so figured I better not push my luck
18517B29-5FB7-4040-9CC7-976D96022EB2.jpeg
35E91107-F99C-4AB2-94D9-29FA8910B685.jpeg
15B6CBC8-2818-4002-B934-D50F1B3C9975.jpeg

Love it. My son is shooting a mini in .222 also pushing a 40 Nosler. Magazines are spendy, but the rifle shoots well. Your first photo is outstanding.

Love it. My son is shooting a mini in .222 also pushing a 40 Nosler. Magazines are spendy, but the rifle shoots well. Your first photo is outstanding.
They are nice little rifles. I’m tempted to punch this one out to 22-204

Cool photos. You make that look like a ton of fun.

My .222 Howa mini is a ton of fun out at the range. Only taken one fox with it, which is my fault for being too busy to give it the exercise it deserves.

My 6 year old informs me “dad that IS my gun you know”. Sounds like she’s going to start charging me a rental fee on it
Mrs45 has three pieces in the safe which I have to ask permission to use. Funny that 11 Y.O. Granddaughter, Miss T, does not.

My .222 Howa mini is a ton of fun out at the range. Only taken one fox with it, which is my fault for being too busy to give it the exercise it deserves.
Calling coyotes is one of the funnest things to do. Right on par with a bulging bull coming into range for me. Those days when the coyote comes flying in will get your heart trying to come out your chest

Is also great practice for shooting in awkward positions because they never come in where you think they should

@Big Fin - I tripped over a photo of you with the mini on the Legacy Sports website. My caption contest entry would be, "Can I get this in Optifade?" ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back