10/22 scope?

fmnjr

I realize there are tons of scope posts here on HT, some of them are even mine. My boy just bought a 10/22 and we would like to ask those who have the 10/22 and have decided to top it with a scope to let me know what you used. There's just to many choices out there and it would be great to narrow things down a bit with HTrs help.....thanks!

We just put a Redfield 2-7x33 Accu Range Reticle on our Henry 22 mag. Refiled makes a nice scope for the price, made by Leupold.
Schmalts can help with that purchase, great guy to order from.
It's a smallish scope with good glass, we also have a couple of 4-12x40 scopes and they are good for the price as well. Under $200 right now for the 2-7x33.

I realize there are tons of scope posts here on HT, some of them are even mine. My boy just bought a 10/22 and we would like to ask those who have the 10/22 and have decided to top it with a scope to let me know what you used. There's just to many choices out there and it would be great to narrow things down a bit with HTrs help.....thanks!

Why not let your kid learn and get good with irons? I shot a lot with irons as a kid, served me well, was always able to shoot expert on the qual range later in life. Dont think it would have been as easy for me if I grew up shooting with optics.

Why not let your kid learn and get good with irons? I shot a lot with irons as a kid, served me well, was always able to shoot expert on the qual range later in life. Dont think it would have been as easy for me if I grew up shooting with optics.
Ha! Actually, the scope is for me to shoot his gun!! My eyes, welll, they're not what they used to be is all I can say.

Bushnell AR series 2-7x for the .22 I have one on my 10-22. It has the stadia dots for shooting at difference distances without guessing holdovers. I paid right at $100 for mine from Midway.

edited to add: Looks like they discontinued the one I have. They replaced it with a 3-12x40 p/n 415837 for $135 and free shipping. It come with three different removable turrets, one for .22 lr, one for .17, and one for customizing.

Last edited:
I am happy with the Leupold VX1 rimfire 2-7x28 I have on my 10/22, but I don’t think they make it anymore. Have a Weaver V3 1-3x20 on my Henry lever action .22lr. Both do their job. Both are a begrudging accommodation to aging eyes.

Last edited:
I’m eyeballing the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 with Tri-MOA firedot reticle. Looks like that would be some fun. Of course, the VX-Freedom 3-9x40 Rimfire is a little more “standard” and perhaps cost effective.

Ended up topping it with a Nikon Buckmaster off amazon for $84.....took it to the range today and, after a fair bit of effort, zeroed it to 100 yards. Nice scope for the money, glass is pretty clear, has a BDC, held zero.

I have the same Redfield on my 10/22 that wytex has on his Henry. It has served me well. Lots of good stuff on the market today.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back