1 for the books !!

Ya I agree with you that pic,it was taken with a cell phone, as soon as he send me some better pics I will post them. I thought twice about posting that pic for that exact reason.

Like I said, I'm not trying to take away from a Great hunt and bear. I hope you don't think that. I would love to see other pictures. A bear cruled up on a 4-wheeler looking away looks like a Smaller sized bear and the Nogin isn't looking huge. a 21.5" bears nogin looks like a Mac truck usually !! Post what you have and let us DROOL :D That's awesome you guys are taking bears already. I will say your Buddy Sucks though, 1.5 hours hunting and shoots a Smoker ? That is BS for sure (I'm not saying he didn't do it I'm saying he's a Lucky SOB :p) !! Most guys hunt for all season year after Year and get Nadda. But congrats again ! :D :D

Hey Spot and Stalk, 32/32A there are alot of bears to be seen by Spot and Stalking. I've never hunted it but have friends that always draw. 2 guys I played ball with tonight that are going to be up there this Saturday. You should do well.Your season closes like he 23rd or something then the Hounds have Reign of that area for practicing I think ? Take lots'a pics when you go out, even of the bears you don't shoot if you don't mind and get a chance !!!

moosie,

I'll hopefully have several pictures to post when we're all done. We have been up there every weekend except last weekend since the opener and have yet to see a bear but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. John (hunting partner)took off this morning and will be up there for the weekend and I'm hoping to join him. If not it'll be a full weekend next weekend up there. We're hoping the snow has melted off some as we have not been able to get into too many places. Done quite a bit of hiking but have still been very limited on where we can get to. I'm guessing it will be much better this weekend. I'll post pic's as soon as I have them.

Jaxon

Take the lower Jaw off then score the skull with just the top portion..

Hope it does score 21.5 I've shot and score a dozen or so and those pics just don't seem to be a 21.5" head..... let us all know later.

I thought Buzz's bear looked like it had been tanned last year so what do I know.

"it was JUST 380# and 6'7"" Ha ha Smiley. There aint no bear in Idaho, Montana or Washington that is "JUST" 380...

Do you measure that 6'7" skinned?

I've been on well over 200 bear kills in Washington, Idaho and Montana...and have first hand knowledge of triple that from friends and acquaintences (sp?)... In many, many years we killed several bears in the mid 350#'s..gutted. Weighed on a certified scales. Only 2 were over 400 and one was right at #500 with no guts... But dang, anything over 250ish field dressed is a piggo deluxe! Dont down talk 380...I've stood next to many a bear that dressed at 225 that ANY hunter would be happy with.

And Oscar...a #100 with a 17" skull has a NICE head! :0)

There's NO way to tell how big the bear in the back of the truck's head is Muley Crazy.. Nice bears though...Dang nice.

Nope

Those were still on the bear . ( No stretching if ya know what I mean)
Here is a small bear I let the air out of 2 seasons ago I just loved the color. Let 3 go that wre much bigger.
Here is a way that can get you in the vacinity of a measurement on the skull but still very easy to either cheat or make an honest mistake.:D

Attachments

• bearug.jpg
    bearug.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 524
  • bearug (1).jpg
    bearug (1).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 525
  • Sean T-ball 004.jpg
    Sean T-ball 004.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 526
The one

On the wall is 5'9" X5'9" was right at 280 in the whole .Skull was 18 11/16th's
Not much but I really liked the color .
Bigger than a lot of the bears I tree .
I ussually catch a couple over 6' every year and seems like every few years catch a monster or 2.

The bear in question looks like it's on a Yamaha Grizzly 4 wheeler and if thats the case then that bear is a very good one. I believe the skull is over 20"s but I don't know about 21" but we'll all know soon enough. Thats a helluva bear no matter how you slice it. Hopefully i'll be posting pics of a big ole brown bear next week, they are out and ready to be hunted.

Yeah Smiley, we tree a LOT 5 foot bears!!!! 125-175 pounds being the norm...

Are there many hound hunters in the country you run? I've found that hunting areas with the least amount of hound traffic you will get into bigger bears...kind of a no brainer I guess...

Is that an Orange knit rope around that bear holding it on the 4-wheeler ?

:D :D :D

I know who's bear it is now..... that hunter thinks a penny is 6" in Diameter :D :D

Kudos again guys.

Not sure about the rope but would agree with you about the penny being 6'' round, if your in construction you would know him !!!

Moosie

You dumb a$$ that was a bad joke! almost as bad as shooting big game from a , Well I won't go there. Enjoy our evening!:p

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back