1 Billion jackpot

Addicting

News said it hit a Billion. If that ticket in your wallet hits tonight who is getting your donations?

RMEF gets enough to never worry about funding if managed correctly.

Children’s Hospital in Adian’s name for research and housing so parents don’t have worries when sickness comes.

Bighorn sheep society and mule deer foundation get enough so interest earned covers all operating expenses. That way all future donations will go 100% into conservation projects.

Lastly Wounded Warrior Project and Hunt with Heros. No explanation needed.

I would think you could donate one third of the prize to charity.

Would much prefer giving to charity rather than the government.

Addicting, that is a good list with a few substitutions.

Islander, family and friends should take priority, but I would think in much smaller dollars. I have a huge family. If I gave everyone
$1,000,000, there would still be a bunch left.

I would be talking to an estate lawyer and a tax lawyer.

I've never bought a ticket,,,so I haven't daydreamed about winning. mtmuley's post did make me chuckle.

I guess I did win it,,, the governor's bighorn tag auction would get my attention.

I've never bought a ticket,,,so I haven't daydreamed about winning. mtmuley's post did make me chuckle.

I guess I did win it,,, the governor's bighorn tag auction would get my attention.
Us math geeks like to say “the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math”.

From the guy who buys every raffle ticket ... 🤷‍♂️

I’m with the freakonomics guys, at some point the astronomical amount of money that can be won actually becomes worth the cost of participating.

Yup. I am not going to sit here and do the math that calculates the odds for every prize and the super duper mega pick option or whatever it is called, but just going to talk about the odds of hitting the jackpot.

This can be calculated using an EV calculation ( Expected Value)

The odds of matching all the numbers to hit the jackpot are 1:302,575,350. A ticket costs 2 dollars. so you have to bet 2 dollars that your chosen numbers are going to come up. So 2*302575350= 605,150,700.

If the actual cash payout is $605,150,700 then it is a break even bet. Anything more than $605,150,700 as a cash payment and the bet has value or as those in the gambling world would say you are "getting the best of it". Anything less and you are making a sucker bet, or "getting the worst of it".

Edited: There have only been 4 times that it would have been profitable to buy one mega millions ticket.

Last edited:
Back