Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

'06 Bear

Where I grew up, Southeaster Utah, there are a few Bears, but you never se them. Just to get out see the suckers is a COOL thing for me. I want to get the first one with a bow. From the looks of the pic. they get plenty close for that.

Moosie said:
And the Scare tactic of Shooting at a Bear at 50 yards and Missing it and Jsut scaring it away so you didn't have to cary a Big bear out was an AWESOME tactic :)

Moosie,
You are a crappy estimator on distances if you think that was 50 yards.... IB will attest that we could smell the bear's breath. Maybe I shouldn't have used a full choke.....

Should we talk about scaring them ACROSS the canyon??? :rolleyes:

I love getting a good topic going. You guys wanna duke it out? I will supply the gloves. Meet me in the Walmart parking lot.

Don't know too much bout hunting bears on bait like some of you Yanks as up here it is all Spot and Stalk. Although with our policy of grass seeding our road cuts and landings for water control, you can look at it kind of like baiting. ;) The best bet is to find a nice deactivated road with a nice green cutblock at the end and go for a walk. Odds are very high that there will be more than one bruin in there.
Have a very good idea where an ABSOLUTE MONSTER denned up. He made my 7'4" boar from last year look like a Dink. Easily over 8 foot and a melon that will easily go B&C. Figure the best bet is to be in that drainage as the snow just is comin' off and the new green is just startin' to poke up. That big ol' boar should be in there somewhere.

BCBOY said:
Have a very good idea where an ABSOLUTE MONSTER denned up. He made my 7'4" boar from last year look like a Dink. Easily over 8 foot and a melon that will easily go B&C. Figure the best bet is to be in that drainage as the snow just is comin' off and the new green is just startin' to poke up. That big ol' boar should be in there somewhere.

You better hope he's that big or you're toast this spring. Did you put your Griz draw in yet Steve?

Should we talk about scaring them ACROSS the canyon???

Thats not fair.. it was Real dark when I shot ..... and My bear stuck around, kind of ;)

"Duke it out" .. ?!?!? Some day, but today I'm feeling to fat and Lazy :D

us getting close to bears ? Sometimes....

bearhat1.jpg

bear2inch.jpg

bear9.jpg

BEARS ? You want a Bear ? I think we found a good "First bear" for ya..... watch this Video of a bear we filmed called "Patch". When he stops at the tree he's < 5 yards from me I think.......

http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/gallery/showimage.php?i=14983&c=366

"Duke it out" .. ?!?!? Some day, but today I'm feeling to fat and Lazy :D

I meant you and Gunner.

Elkgunner said:
Moosie,
You are a crappy estimator on distances if you think that was 50 yards.... IB will attest that we could smell the bear's breath. Maybe I shouldn't have used a full choke.....

Should we talk about scaring them ACROSS the canyon??? :rolleyes:

Ya, I remember that day. Gunner said, Here comes a bear. Cool let me get some video of it. Gunner wait, don't shoot. Gunner, Gunner BOOM!! He was comatosed until the bear ran off. I said did you hit it? How could I of missed? I looked at him and said, I don't know maybe it was that freakin huge bush you shot through. It all worked out in the end though. I didn't have to pack anything out and Gunner wasn't caught on video missing.

IdahoBugler said:
Ya, I remember that day. Gunner said, Here comes a bear. Cool let me get some video of it. Gunner wait, don't shoot. Gunner, Gunner BOOM!! He was comatosed until the bear ran off. I said did you hit it? How could I of missed? I looked at him and said, I don't know maybe it was that freakin huge bush you shot through. It all worked out in the end though. I didn't have to pack anything out and Gunner wasn't caught on video missing.

That is one of the best parts of Spring bear hunting, how quickly the vegetation is growing and greening up. You can sit down 1 minute behind a sapling, and then 20 minutes later your shot can be obstructed by a huge tree. It is quite amazing how fast it grows.

I like the cool confidence exuded of "How could I have missed?" :cool:

Tuffer,
Seeing that our little competion is now carried over to bears, I'll take it easy on ya and only hunt bears while I'm workin'. :p
Haven't put in for this year's Grizz LEH yet. Guess I better get crackin eh?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back