Recent content by Ben Lamb

  1. Ben Lamb

    FS land transfer

    I mean, if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck... I'd hope there's an actual plan and budget that shows how the fees collected would be used, and what the budget allows. Details are mission critical for success.
  2. Ben Lamb

    My latest project or Buddy’s next big adventure.

    Make sure you've got the tick dope if you're headed to the Wolverine state. Pulled 7 off the dog yesterday and 3 today. Have fun, trailer looks awesome!
  3. Ben Lamb

    FS land transfer

    1.) It goes deeper than the current administration. Looking at funding charts for DOI & USDA over the last 3 decades and you see a significant drop in both dollars and personnel. That's the self-inflicted wound. Those appropriations go up and down over time, but the overall trend is to deny...
  4. Ben Lamb

    Gunsmith

    Nothing wrong at all with asking for it back. Things happen and smiths are usually busy if they're any good. If you need the gun, then get it. A good smith will not have an issue with you getting it back. There are a few things in this world you can count on, and a smith being overly optimistic...
  5. Ben Lamb

    DB Encounters - share here

    This is the most fly-bro thing ever posted on hunt talk. The fact that you know what to do....
  6. Ben Lamb

    Jeep Talk

    Does it come with an orange mocha frappuccino?
  7. Ben Lamb

    Blood Meridian - I Don’t Get It….(Spoilers)

    Maybe I'm the anomoly, but No Country & The Road read like he was writing them for the screen. Good for him - cash that check and get paid. I don't put those two in the same category as the cities of the plains trio, BM (his best), Suttree, Child of God, etc. His Faulknerian period in the east...
  8. Ben Lamb

    Jeep Talk

    I guess I never realized how many softball players there are on HT.
  9. Ben Lamb

    Spot Sharing

    Generally I don't have an issue sharing spots with folks I know & trust. If it's a spot easily burned, I ask for discretion. If I'm gifted a spot, I ask about how the gifter wants it handled. A big part of adult onset hunting is having people who are willing to help & show you places & such...
  10. Ben Lamb

    Creepy album covers

  11. Ben Lamb

    DB Encounters - share here

    That rig looks like it smells of mustache wax and self-importance.
  12. Ben Lamb

    Non resident Landowner incentive.

    I'm not sure what the CA's payroll looks like but there's a ton of folks working up there now. Including those working on a $5 million stream restoration project & whatever they're spending on weed treatments, habitat restoration, etc. according to their manager, public access is new on the CA...
  13. Ben Lamb

    Non resident Landowner incentive.

    That's why making NR LOP apply to their own land makes sense. It reduces the market value for 640's and makes them harder to sell using LOP as the extra incentive.
  14. Ben Lamb

    Non resident Landowner incentive.

    Yes. And I'd say there's a lot of people in MT who are beneficiaries of some of these landowners. It's a mistake to think of NR landowners as a monolithic block. The MPG ranch, for example, is responsible for about 60% of the elk harvest in their district, and it's either for free or for a 2...
Back
Top