Recent content by 6mm Remington

  1. 6mm Remington

    Let’s talk about firewood

    I used to help my father cut and split firewood for our house growing up and I also continued after I turned 18 and moved out. I just really enjoy doing it. I still help two friends who use firewood. I just love going and working hard. Splitting wood is part of the therapy for me.
  2. 6mm Remington

    Outdoor Magazine of Choice

    Eastman's Journal & Western Hunter
  3. 6mm Remington

    Pronghorn age?

    I think it's really hard to get a very close estimate based just on looking at the jaws and the teeth. In 2019 I shot a really nice boar grizzly bear in Alaska. The guide and my outfitter both estimated that my bear was 8 1/2 years old. When I got the age record from the lab after they...
  4. 6mm Remington

    280 Ackley Load

    I shoot the 140 gr.Accubonds in my 280AI and love them. Killed antelope, deer, elk, and a grizzly bear. All have been one shot.
  5. 6mm Remington

    Left Hand rifles for sale

    Nice rifles. The 6mm Remington by itself is a fantastic cartridge and turning it into a 6mm Remington AI would be a beast! What a sweet build.
  6. 6mm Remington

    Need a movie…

    Jeremiah Johnson Little Big Man Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles
  7. 6mm Remington

    Help me pick out new tires

    I love the Cooper Tires. I used that AT3's for a while and then switched to the ST MAXX. They both served me very well. Currently I am running the Cooper Stronghold on my F150 and love them. They seem to be an excellent tire. They went through my first winter with them in 2025-2026 and...
  8. 6mm Remington

    How many of you have had or wanted a Gorgeous Vintage Rifle

    1976 Ruger 1B in 6mm Remington.
  9. 6mm Remington

    Anyone have a Leupold M8 6x that needs a home?

    Great scopes. I have a 6x42mm on my Ruger 1B in 6mm Remington. Love that scope!
  10. 6mm Remington

    custom knife maker recommendations

    Behring Made Knives located here in Missoula make some really good stuff, and they are good people. Kinda like that ND Guy https://www.behringmade.com/
  11. 6mm Remington

    4” N Frame Holster Recommendations

    Wright Leather Works makes some great holsters!! They make this for N frame S&W's.
  12. 6mm Remington

    Seth Bodnar - independent US Senate candidate

    I haven't listened to it yet. I am curious if you asked him Big Fin what he thinks about the delisting of the grizzly bear and the responsibility for management being returned to the states?
  13. 6mm Remington

    Decided to try a new Rifle 6.8 Western

    I'm with MTMULEY. I much prefer the regular Accubonds to the ABLR's.
  14. 6mm Remington

    Decided to try a new Rifle 6.8 Western

    Essentially if I am correct, but the 6.8 Western is essentially the 270 WSM with a longer chamber throat and faster rifling to handle longer heavier bullets. The 270 WSM is an excellent cartridge and I think you will be pleased with the 6.8 Western. Lets see some of your loads how they shoot...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,102
Messages
2,249,821
Members
39,093
Latest member
other_waters
Back
Top